Blue Screens all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQW

Hi everyone, I've had quite a lot of trouble with mostly old computer hardware, most infamously with a 648f neo which can't even boot windows 7. Now I got a slightly newer PC, used, and just as I thought my luck changed, I was proved wrong. I should preface this by saying I installed win7 on this one too, but it had some trouble, I think it's due to old software, but I could be wrong.

Basically, it's an old motherboard, Asus A8V (not deluxe), with native IDE/ATA but with additional SATA 1.5 support. Well, I recently bought a SATA drive and I installed it, with mandatory pins, on this system. Due to buggy chipsets, it requires an F6 driver for Windows XP Pro, but I got through it and the entire system started up and worked fine for about two days, until it started pulling out various blue screens. I actually reinstalled, but the blue screens continued.

I have only the last dump, but I've had three different blue screens, so I just wanted to see if anyone who can read them has something to say. The reason why I don't think it's exclusively HDD is because I've had this same PC with an ata drive, but on win7, and I also had blue screens, although in much smaller number. Now, I have about one blue screen every two days. So basically, I don't know is this just the graph card, or the graph card+the new hdd, or some compatibility issue between 64 and 32 bit hardware and software, or winxp and win7. My list of suspected hardware :

1. The new HDD, although in theory I don't know why
2. ATI x1950 Pro, googling some of the bccodes hinted at this, but the blue screens don't happen during heavy graph use
3. I don't have experience with it, but it's XP Pro 32 bit on an AMD 64 bit processor.

The BSODs were these:
1. Error code 000000f4, parameter1 00000003, parameter2 8a024da0, parameter3 8a024f14, parameter4 805c77d0
2. Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf953303, parameter3 9f45cc00, parameter4 00000000
3. Error code 10000050, parameter1 e35e3020, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bf8328eb, parameter4 00000001

This is really bugging me out so any help is welcome...

Attachments

• Mini042610-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 1
When we see various dumps with differing errors from experience that is a strong indicator that corrupted memory might be the issue (but certainly not necessarily).

Your error code is0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

It only cited a Windows OS driver as the probable cause but the problem with OS drivers is usuaully they are too general to be of much help.

Please attach 5 more of your most recent minidumps minus the one you already gave.

Hay, thanks for the quick reply, I waited for more crashes, and sure enough I got more than a few over the week.
One of them I really have to stress because of its weirdness. I just booted up my pc, got on chrome and turned on wmp, and after a few moments, the pc crashed, giving me a garbled blue screen with the music still playing in the background?! It also didn't give leave a dump afterwards.

Also, I'm not sure is it connected, but there's another clue that it might be the graph card or its driver; there's a lot of ghosting, especially with white on black images, though I did not test the monitor. Of course, there is no alternative to the driver since this is the ATI Legacy that runs on all old, unsupported ATI cards.

I'm leaving the new dumps attached, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Mini042710-01.dmp
  • Mini042810-01.dmp
  • Mini042910-01.dmp
  • Mini050810-01.dmp
  • Mini050810-02.dmp
All dumps cited OS drivers and usually they are too general to be of much help but in your case csrss.exe was cited 3 times. This is the Client/Server Runtime Service Aubsystem, it is a critical component of Windows, and manages the majority of the graphical instructions under Windows.

You may need to do a Windows Repair.

That's kind of weird since, as I said above, it's a freshly installed Windows XP. Since you mention graphical instructions, it might be connected to the graph card drivers or something, right? I'll try to see if the problem persists if I switch cards...

That's kind of weird since, as I said above, it's a freshly installed Windows XP. Since you mention graphical instructions, it might be connected to the graph card drivers or something, right? I'll try to see if the problem persists if I switch cards...

Sorry, I missed that one part. Have you run a harddrive diagnostics yet?

Keep us updated on the video card switch.

Well, I didn't think a diagnostic was necessary since it's a new hard drive, bought specifically for this configuration a month ago. However, it could also be the most obvious reason for the bs because its sata and the motherboard, although it supports it, is pretty old and could be having some compatibility issues. But the dumps and the error codes don't seem to point that way. Should I still do a diag?

Well, I didn't think a diagnostic was necessary since it's a new hard drive, bought specifically for this configuration a month ago. However, it could also be the most obvious reason for the bs because its sata and the motherboard, although it supports it, is pretty old and could be having some compatibility issues. But the dumps and the error codes don't seem to point that way. Should I still do a diag?

We just had someone recently have issues due to their SATA cable. Check your cable connections. If you have another SATA cable swith it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back