Bluescreen of death, x00000024

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKream

i cant access anything because everytime the bluescreen pops up and show this:

" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Disable or uninstall an anti-virus, disk defragmentation or back up utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86377008, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)”

i dont have my windows xp cd but i have hirens boot cd 9.9 and i need help on how to fix this problem but i dont know how to use the hiren's boot cd 9.9 correctly i just hope someone can help me please?

i have a windows xp home btw,.

Rundll32.exe running always? - TechSpot OpenBoards

i cant access anything because everytime the bluescreen pops up and show this:

Odd.

Sounds like you might need to reformat but before you do I have some questions unless I'm too late.

Have you tried unplugging devices to your computer and rebooting?
Have you made any attempt to get into safe mode to perform a system restore?
When are you getting the BSOD?

i neeed help ): im currently using someone elses laptop so i need to fix this bluescreen of death soon T_T

uhmm idk what u mean by unplugging devices? what should i unplug?
and no i cant go into safe mode or anything
and what is BSOD? sorry i dont know much about laptops >.<

uhmm idk what u mean by unplugging devices? what should i unplug?
and no i cant go into safe mode or anything
and what is BSOD? sorry i dont know much about laptops >.<
BSOD is just an acronym for Bluescreen of death :rolleyes: good luck

oh >.< ive been getting it everytime i try getting on windows
everytime it tries to start up after the "windows xp" logo comes up the bluescreen shows up

Sounds like you might have to reformat. The only chance you have at this point is attempt to get into safe mode. When the computer boots back up again. Start tapping F8. You may need to reboot a few times to get it. You should start pressing it right after you computer hardware logo comes up. That is BEFORE the windows logo. Keep tapping F8. You should get a DOS screen with options.

That is just basically white words.

There will be a few options. Firstly if you have the option try this first:

"Last known config.."

It will attempt to load up your operating systems with the working configuration. If that doesnt work or you do not have that option just select "safe mode". Not "safe mode with anything else" Just safe mode.

Let me know how far you get.

You could also remove said harddrive and slave it into another system. From that system you can a) run harddrive diagnostics to determine the condition of your harddrive and b) transfer your valuable information to either CD/DVD and or flash drive.

Find the make of your harddive and go to the manufacture's website. They should supply you with a free utility to diagnose; run all the tests.

i finally found out how to fix it , i just downloaded the windows recovery boot cd , thanks for everyone for giving ideas on how to fix BSOD

Boot HBCD

select Mini Windows XP

at command prompt the black screen with a C:> prompt icon

CHKDSK C: /F

if you have multiple partitions

CHKDSK D: /F

CHKDSK E: /F and so on...

Launch Explorer.

Check properties of your drive [C:]

If both Used Space and Free Space are zero (0) then the problem is with the partition. You have to do partition recovery. Yes there is a possibility of repair but its not for novices. I've done about 6 with 1 failure.

for marebamo

Try on others PC first. If you have Hiren's Boot CD you can follow the above. I have post on how to use the Recovery Console kindly search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back