Booting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Can ne one suggest ne solution to this problem. Whenever I turn on my computer it shuts down automatically after 5-10 seconds without displaying ne thing at all. I recently installed windows xp home version on it.

:confused:

See if your CPU fan is properly connected. Does it work? Is your heatsink in place? Did you use thermal grease? What kind of cooling do you have? Did you recently mess with the BIOS? Are you using AMD or Intel? What kind of a mobo do you have?

You've got to be a little more specifc man.

All I can say is that your CPU hit emergency temperature or no fan was detected and it shut down.

Or as all the drives are spinning up the load is too great for the PSU to handle, could try unplugging devices that aren't crucial. (extra cd drives, extra harddrives, extra zips ect.)

System specs

Hi!
System Specs are:
==================
Mother Board = Intel
HDD= Western Digital
Processor = P 3 Intel 550 MHZ
Power Supply = Codegen
VGA = SIS 6326 W/8MB
Modem = Creative Labs.
RAM = 128 MB
==================
This is wat i got and i cudn't figure out wat cooling system i'm using but it got 2 fans to cool the cpu.
:confused:
can u help me out?

fan on your processor heatsink working?
have you added any hardware since it last booted?

Well b 4 only one fan was working but now both are working fine..i didn't installed ne new hardware and niether i messed with ne thing on mother board. Heat is also on its place.
all the suggestion will be tested so ne and everthing is welcomed.
plzzzzzzzzzz:(

Oh, the original one, make sure your keyboard is in, this problem is caused by the keyboard not properly connected.

If not, your power supply isn't strong enough for what you're packin'. (Don't go out and run and buy one, I'm suggesting problems).

2 Fans on top of eachother doesn't seem like it would work.

Let's use an analogy, never use 2 condoms. :) ;)

well i tried wat you said and even i switched my power supply also but i didn't work. well i think its becuase one of the two fans is not working and they are side by side not one over other(condoms):D
or there cud be some other problem as well?

have you checked the connection prom the poer button on the case to the mobo. this can cause the machine to power on but not stay on, if there is a fault in the switch or the connections are loose or faulty.

well i checked power button and its connection to mobo is also fine but still cudn't figure out the problem.....let c if someone else comes up with some clue to this problem.
i appreciate all the effort you ppl are making to solve this problem .:grinthumb

Ok, I was under the impression that the two fans were on top of eachother.

I think your CPU may have fried. If you have another heatsink/fan that you've got to spare or borrow one from your friend try it with that. But first, make sure if it Intel and the same socket. Be sure to get an apply thermal grease. If you don't know how to do this, stay away from this idea. Maybe take it to someone who can help you out, I really can't do much unless I'm right in front of the comptuer.

Just on Intel, there is an additonal 4pin connector for power to the mobo in addition to the ATX power connector. Maybe that's loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back