Bootmrg missing, recovery, now bits to fix

GoneBaja

I need some help with how to proceed from here.

Problem developed after I tried to resize the C:partition. It is small, full and D; is big and not so full....mostly datafiles...so made a copy of D: deleted it... using the Windows System Device Manager... unfortunately it did not allow me to increase C: into the newly available space and on reboot, got the BootMrg is missing error.

I used the provided Recover Disk, and now have Windows loading, but the path for the Desktop was set to D: so Desktop is not happy.....but I probably need to copy the backup files from D: back onto the C:\ and map them in...

and there are still some residual issues...
Going into Start Menu Computer C: still thinks it's only 58Gigs and D is not longer present...
Going into System Device Manager, Disk Drive Volumes that Populate is OS C: with 60000MB Capacity and Recovery 10000 MB.

So the system is unaware of another 400ish gigs of drive space.
Then I will need to copy the backed up data files onto the C: and tell all the software how to find their files again..??

Hoping someone is up for this...

Computer owner is due back tomorrow, at least I have advanced beyond blackscreen...:)

Yes, all fine now....trying to remember what all was required.... I realized I had a Windows disk that came with the machine and got it back.... (y)

Back