BSOD 0x0000008e When watching movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am getting a BSOD 0x0000008e when watching movie files, regardless of the type. It always crash for the same movies while other just play through without incident. The problem started in July, I cannot recall if I installed new drivers at that time.

I did my homeworks as much I could, searched around the net, tried to uninstall and re-install video drivers, codecs but that did not fix the problem. The dump files unfortunatly point the the ntoskrnl which I looked around and is rarely the culprit, noneless I replaced it with a clean expand in the recovery console but then again it didnt fix it.

This is far from being random and never occured in other applications or "online" (youtube) type of media, so I havent ran a memory check, this will be the next step at this point, because how easily reproduced and avoidable the bsod is (dont play the movies no crash).

I tried other players with same results, for the same movies.

So here are my latest dumpfiles in text format zipped if someone could check them out, Im pretty much clueless at this point.

Thanks in advance.

It's very hard to read these Minidump expanded text files
I usually just read the Minidump itself (but don't post them now!)

Anyway, it seems to be caused by Media Player Classic (why you use this one I'm unsure)
Also looks as though you may need to update your sound/audio drivers (from your manufactures website) actually best to confirm all your drivers are updated.

Lastly Kaspersky (is very resource intensive) if you're not concerned about it (ie close to being re-registered again. I'd remove it and just use a free Antivirus instead.
Try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry about the expanded text dumps I though it would be easier on you guys, I guess I was wrong :p

I will try another player and update the Audigy2 drivers run a mem test and see how it goes.

There is one thing that bugs me tho it is the Kaspersky thing, I have ran it as a free online scanning service back last spring but never used it as a local AV on the machine. How can you still see traces of it... This is scary :) I personally use ClamWin and Spybot S&D on this machine.

Oh I read that incorrectly then
You have a Startup entry to Kaspersky Antivirus, it must be the online one though
Running HijackThis, will allow you to tick and remove it (following the entirety of the link above, supplied)

Instead of Media Player Classic try: VLC media player (that's what I use :) )

Hmm

I didn't supply any link!
Here it is: New Preliminary Removal Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back