BSoD (0x24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, long story short, I was having major lag issues with Fraps. I have had this issue in the past, and a quick reboot fixed it right up. But this time it was different.

I'll take you through everything I did, to now. I was playing World of Warcraft, and as soon as i hit my record key for Fraps (Numpad 3) I had shot down to about 4 FPS. So I quickly stopped recording, and closed World of Warcraft, followed by Ventrilo, followed by Firefox, followed by iTunes. I then clicked start --> turn off computer --> turn off (as opposed to restart). Right as I clicked 'turn off', iTunes popped back up with something that I didn't take time to read. But as I tried to click the "X" to get rid of it, everything froze up (I imagine it was because I had tried to close something while the computer was trying to restart.)

Anyway, I waited a few seconds to assure that I needed to turn the computer off manually. So I clicked the power button on my PC, and it shut down. When I tried to load it back up, I got the following error (after a quick flash of the Window's Loading Screen).

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

* STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A2F5828, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)"

I have tried booting in:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows Normally
Reboot
Return to OS Choices Menu

In the OS Choices Menu I have tried every option that it allows. And needless to say, nothing has gotten me past the horrid screen. >_<

I'm so stuck!! D:

If someone could guide me through exactly what to type, what things to click, etc. That would be endlessly appreciated.

Try to go easy on me, I know the basics, but for the most part I'm new to these kinds of things.

I can provide any further info needed, so please, ask.

Thank you very very much
-Travis ^_^
youtube.com/justanotherdruid

Your issue may or maynot be malware...
See if this helps first...
Try running chkdsk /r on the drive from the recovery console if you can.
Also look for a drive vendor's diagnostic utililty and run that.
Reseat the drive cable while you're at it. It's a file system error of some kind.
The vendor's utility often can be dl'd as an iso, burned to (not saved to) cd and run from the cd as a boot disk. Problem is you may or may not be able to repair your NTFS partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back