BSoD and can't do anything about it, or I can't as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums here and I was wondering if you guys can help me.

On my laptop, everytime I turn it on, it goes to the Windows XP loading thing [the blue slider that's continuously looping] and then it gives me a BSoD. I have a chance to choose if I want to go to safe mode or not, but that just gives the same BSoD.

The laptop is running WinXP Professional SP2.

The BSoD says to run a Chkdisk /F or to remove any anti-virus programs, but I can't do any of that since I can't even get to my user-select screen.

STOP - 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86FA7EF0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

That is what I see, with some variations with the third set of numbers [0x86...] depending on which option I take [ie. safe mode vs normal mode].

And I'm definitely not computer savvy, so when giving advice, please please elaborate xD Thanks!

- Mazalos

And now it's fixed ><"

So guys, for anyone that's reading this, the problem is resolved.

The following site helped me resolve the problem, and I thank every star out there that it exists:

http: // webcast [dot] broadcastnewsroom [dot] com/articles/viewarticle [dot] jsp?id=8658-0

Remove the unnecessary spaces in the URL xD My post-count isn't high enough to post links/images yet, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back