(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my problem, a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of "Beginning physical memory dump".

Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows, still no success. I've updated drivers, added registry scanners. But no matter what I do, the system gets worse. I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update. But I'm not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it.

I've attached my PC stats from everest, and I've zipped and attached my minidumps. If anyone could help me fix this, it would make my day.

Also here are the 1001 logs from my event viewer. I only have the ones since I reformatted.

Please let me know if you need more info.

EDIT: Okay, there is a forum for BSOD errors, any chance a mod could move this thread ?

I tried reloading the winzip file, for some reason its not going through.

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

Litheran, I attempted to read your minidump files contained in your ZIP but I keep getting the same error message that they are corrupted and thus unreadable. Try again by Zipping your five latest in one zip file.

You have four types of different errors in 5 minidumps reads. Unfortunately all five only cite Windows OS drivers which are often too general to be of much help.

One error is 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations.

Another is 0x77: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

One error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but also can be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

The remaining two errors are 0xA and these can be strong indicators of either hardware issues or drivers attempting an IRQ Level they have no business addressing.

I have a very strong feeling your issues aren't with software and/or drivers -- though I'll confess up front I could be wrong. However, looking at your error codes I would say your issues are hardware. So, do the following standard but true diagnostic steps in this order:

1. Run memtest on your memory. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html I have found that in most cases just double clicking the ISO image (after it is unzipped) will bring up your burning software. This test takes a long time/let it do a minimum of 7 Passes.

2. Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download and use their free HD diagnostic utility. Do all tests.

* Get back to us with your results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back