BSOD, especially often when playing EvE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this definitely seems to be the place to post your BSOD problems, so fingers crossed someone might have an idea. Lately I have been getting frequent BSOD while playing EvE ever really noticeable since their last major patch, since it was happening just there and only recently I chalked it up to something in the last patch. No .dmp for that issue but they always popped as follows:

Stop 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0xBF836EE9, 0xB255A8AC, 0x00000000)
win32k.sys address BF836EE9, base BF800000 DateStamp 4a8564c7

While trying to hunt down the reason I decided to go back to my good old friend AVG, download a trial and give my computer a sweep with an AV program that wasn't on my comp currently (used it in the past and was happy with it).

3 times trying to do a full scan resulted in BSOD, .dmp attached for two of them.
Worried I might have a bigger problem then a software conflict with something in my system and just a game now and really not looking forward to a reformat. OS Windows XP

(actually .dmp attachments to follow in a self reply, either it just doesn't like firefox or its being picky)

Thanks for any advice

Was just dumb and it popped open a window on my monitor that was off

Attachments

• Mini011910-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini011910-02.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
update bios/firmware if that does not work then if it is a desktop and not a laptop then take off side cover and and on the mobo there is a smooth quarter sized battery take it out for 30 seconds and then bak in and restart pc(but take out when pc is off and unplugged)

Both errors are 0x00000051: REGISTRY_ERROR
This indicates a Registry or Configuration Manager problem. An I/O [input/output]error may have occurred while the Registry was trying to read one of its files (caused by hardware or file system problems).

* Since your BSODs have only appeared since the EvE patch there is a very good chance therein is the source of your problem.

Well good news/bad news is I got the file from the EvE BSOD. Going to completely unistall EvE, but I have a sneaking suspicion that when I try and run AVG virus full scan its gonna give me a BSOD again. Will try and update the BIOS next however I am pretty sure it is up to date. I know the battery you are referring to so that will be step 3 but feel free to add anymore inupt after looking at latest file. Thanks again.

PS and yes it is a custom built desktop that has been running fine for about 18-20 months. Last hardware upgrade was to 9800 GTX+ and that was well over a year ago.

Attachments

• Mini012010-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
Ok so yes, running AVG still results in the same BSOD even with EvE and a good two dozen other programs removed.

Now how exactly do I go about updating my BIOS? I know during boot-up I can hit DEL to change the setup (no indication there for current version of BIOS but saw where I can load, save, and EZ update), and hitting TAB is suppose to show BIOS post loading. It does but is literally a flash and its gone.

I'm currently running an ASUS motherboard, AM2 socket model MSN-SLI Deluxe

**NOTE** Ok so I downloaded a program called Everest and using their free trial I got the following info:
BIOS type: Award, BIOS version: 1302, Award BIOS type: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, System BIOS Date: 10/29/07, Video BIOS Date 07/22/08

Figured I'd better ask before I end up with a completely non-working PC as opposed to a broken one.

I read your latest minidump and unfortunantly it reported that it could not determine the faulting driver and simply gave an OS driver and they are too general to be of much help.

The error code is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Try running ESET's free and perfectly safe NOD32 online scanne. You'll need to download an ActiveX. We're trying to see if you force a BSOD by using this antivirus scan.

Hold off on updating the BIOS at this point.

Well responding back from a new computer. Tried ESET, installed and restarted computer. That was the last of me being able to log in as by the time it reached the password screen the computer would freeze. Safe mode would not start, last known good config would not remove program. So formatted and now messing around with it, will let you know if a BSOD shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back