BSOD , No idea what is happening

redaber

Hello ,

I have recently bought a new CPU cooler , which is the corsair H100i. and after overcloking my i7 2600k to 4.5Ghz at 1.3v everything seemed fine. It passed 10 passes of intel burn test at very high , the highest it got was 76 on the hottest core and all the others were about 72 degrees celcius. Then after that I let it render for over 9 hours straight , rendering a 3d max simulation. the max it was was 69 degrees.

Then the second day I was browing youtube , and having 3ds max open ( not rendering this time just modeling around nothing cpu intensive , it crashed and gave me a x124 BSOD) I cranked my vcore to 1.31 now.

my specs are :

CPU: i7 2600k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 V-PRO GEN3
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: (upgraded with my h100i ) 32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950
PSU (do not leave this out): Coolermaster 800w Gold power supply

So I would be forever greatfull if somebody could help me out. The minidump is included.

http://www.speedyshare.com/mdU5N/071113-11590-01.dmp

Thanks alot

Bader Bouta

Test it without overclocking it.. Tell us if it does the same again when you had over clocked it.

The minidump doesn't show anything...

thanks alot for your help I truely appreaciate it .

today I was simulating again ( cpu was around 70-100% for 9 + hours ) and nothing went wrong , temps seemed fine... then again when idling my pc freezed. no bsod I quickly turned it off... pretty supid of me because I did not wanna wait for the bsod so I dont have a dump. when it happens again , is it okay to PM you with the dump file?

Once again thanks alot!

If the SSD is the boot drive, is it on a SATA 3 port configured ACHI in the bios?

Hello , thank you alot for your time . yes it is enable in AHCI ( sata 6 ports ) and also , I have ran memtest 86 vor 10 hours over night , it sad it passed and nothing was found. :(

Got to be a bios setting. I have a Z77 chipset, so these tips may be a bit different for you:
Disable C3/C6 state support and any CPU throttling in the UEFI bios. This should stabilize the computer

Got to be a bios setting. I have a Z77 chipset, so these tips may be a bit different for you:
Disable C3/C6 state support and any CPU throttling in the UEFI bios. This should stabilize the computer

Hey its been a week. I already had c3 and c6 disabled but I couldnt find throtteling in the bios. however .. today I got anathore BSOD with a diffrent code. here is my dump , hope you can help me out . thanks alot for the time

6http://www.speedyshare.com/UJuuV/072113-11185-01.dmp

Back