BSOD - pfn list corrupt & memory management

I had rebuilt my computer around 2 weeks ago and ever since then I have been having random BSOD daily. They usually happen after the computer has been running from anywhere between 30 mins - 8 hours (usually while playing games but have also happened while just browsing internet)

As far as I can remember, every BSOD has been either 'pfn list corrupt' or ' memory management'

I have not overclocked anything at all. I have ran both the windows memory diagnostics and memtest and neither have shown any errors.

So far I have tried (to no avail)
- increasing Ram voltage
- switching ram from Dimm slots 1&3 to 2&4
- updated all of my drivers (that I can find/am aware of)

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance (2x4GB)
Asus GTX560 TI 2GB Graphics card
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Z68 Motherboard
850W PSU

I use microsoft security essentials.

The only thing that seems to work (though I haven't tested for longer than about 8-9 hours) is just running with 1 Ram stick.

I have attached the dump files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    168.7 KB · Views: 6
I too suspected the video card drivers and consequently updated them from the Nvidia website a couple of days ago, the version I have is the same as the one you have linked me too except mine says 'english' in the name and this one says 'international'. I can't imagine there will be any difference but I will try it in any case.

Any idea as to why I don't seem to have any problems when using just 1 Ram stick?

Updated the drivers, restarted my comp and was greeted by a pfn list corrupt BSOD before I had even made it to the desktop. I restarted again and it is working again for now but I presume the preceeding BSOD means that the driver update didn't solve my issue.

edit: Most of the motherboard settings are default, the only things I have changed are the boot first settings from harddrive to CD/DVD and the memory voltage from 1.5 to 1.56v

Apologies for ressurecting this thread as it is quite old now but I have still not found the cause of my problems.

I was wondering whether the symptoms mentioned could possibly be caused by a bad PSU? My PSU is 850W, I am not sure of the brand but I am fairly confident that it is not one of the big players (Corsair, Antec etc) but it is a fair few years old and it is the only thing that I hadn't replaced. I didn't have the problems until I upgraded everything else and I am thinking that maybe the extra power required to run the upgraded hardware is too much for this old and probably cheap PSU.

I have replaced the power supply with an XFX 850 and it seems to have partially solved my problem.

I no longer get 'memory management' BSOD.

I do however still get the 'pfn list corrupt' BSOD on occasion. It isn't an overly regular occurance (usually once or twice per evening) and tends to happen most when I am exiting from a game (or 'alt-tab' ing to come out of a game to browse the internet) or when I click 'shutdown' to turn off my computer. I do very rarely get it while just browsing the internet etc also.

Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to solve this final part of my problem?

goto msconfig , hide all microsoft services and disable all in startup, then run chkdsk and use an ASO. :) I got solve different BSOD because of that

Back