BSOD Stop:0×00000050 and Stop:0×0000004E

Status
Not open for further replies.

gridou1982

Hi guys,

I've been getting the BSOD on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520, windows XP service pack 3) and can't find the problem. I hope someone can help me. I attached the minidump files. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    63.4 KB · Views: 1
No definitive cause is listed in any but your error codes can still help us.

One error is0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The other two are 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and this error is one of the strongest pointing to corrupted memory.

It would be good to run the free and totally safe Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

keep in mind that XP will not recognize nor fully utilize 4 gigs because it is a 32-bit OS. Upping to 4G may be your issue and not corrupted memory per se, but run the test,

Also, check your BIOS and see if the memory voltage is set properly according to your voltage specs for your RAM.

To get the full use of 4 gigs you need a 64-bit OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back