Not open for further replies.

DOJAHBECK

first start up completed bios, and then bsod
Pagefault _in _ non paged area
preparing for crash dump

restarted in safe mode, didn't even enter pswd to log in waited approx 1 min
then another bsod

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x000000FF, 0X00000001,0X8579B555)

then said it dumped physical memory

0xD1 errros are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. The problem is we don't have enough information to tell which drivers or software is the pronblem.

Do you know how to find your minidump files to post them here?

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files (not the folder) that we need. Attach to your next post. Notice the Attachment Button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

i can appreciate zip file, and thanks for location ...however, my pc is a laptop, i was operating in safe mode , i just restarted with usb 802.11g peripheral so i could use network, and, now a new error msg, while i was locating cd for software to install device driver for dlink ....

new message is

STOP: 0X000000D4 (0X667F181C, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X824ccc06)

once i restart in safe mode, i will try to zip dumpfiles on flash drive to attach on this desktop message reply , thanks again for ur patience and wisdom

Are you prevented from accessing your minidumps? Follow the steps I have given you and attach 5 of your latest minidump files.

By the way, your error 0x000000D4: SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD
STOP is the very first time I have ever read someone getting this error. It does follow under 0xD1 category

It means that a driver did not cancel pending operations before unloading. The minidump files will help determine which driver(s).

Update: Oops you already did before I finished typing. Let me see if I can open them.

no im not prevented from accessing minidumps, just unable to go online direct from laptop with bsod errors, so im trying to zip files to attach for you, i will try to attach last five , for you, btw, there is only once recorded for today, but will attach last five in folder

\thx again , and im not sure what u meant by instructions, i am going to c:windows folder/ minidump

Okay, I read your minidump and though it said 0xD1 but unfortunately it only cited a core Windows driver that is too general to be of help.

Do you have any more minidumps? Give us your 5 most recent and zip them together.

You had one 0x1A error, another 0xD1 error, and two 0x9F errors and all of these pointed to ntkrpamp.sys which is a core Windows driver and too general to help.

However, three of the errors were also 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

There was one significant difference with these and that is they all cited the driver swnc8u56.sys as the culprit. There is virtually only one place on the net that has identified this as a Sierra Wireless NDIS Driver.

* Is this system still under warrenty? Because if it is I'd take it straight back to the Geek Squad along with the information you have received on read minidump files such as the errors and the particular driver cited.

About 2 years ago there was a woman who had issues working with Geek Squad. They couldn't fix her issues so she came here. We read her minidumps and when Geek Squad came out to rectify the issue at her home she had to tell them where to find the minidumps! I kid you not. So be prepared.

Perhaps your wireless card is defective or you may need to update the drivers. Keep us informed of what direction you'll take. It is now 12 midnite and I need to get to sleep. :)

thx, God Bless. sleep with the angels!!!

yes, under warranty, unfortunately, due to brain tumor and radiation therapy residual has zapped alot of my electronics i.e., razor phones, blackberrys, ionizers, laptops, etc....)

so i purchased 3 yr. extended warranty, it is a gateway that typically only comes with 6mos. , also, it was a power issue when i brought in to get fixed, my battery wouldn't even work, but ac adapter was fine,

got back today after 2wks in repair with stats of replacement of mobo, and new top panel (used in stock), kinda crazy,

so u suggest taking back to them with history of dmp files,

i appreciate your time and expertise.....nite nite!

btw, the sierra wireless was a wifi adapter i got from at&t, and havent used in over 6 mos or so, it went bad tooo....so i will uninstall that device driver and see if that helps, thanks again for ur insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back