BSOD with Outpost....dmp file attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

I bought Agnitum Outpost almost a year ago because I had read it was one of the most consistent pieces of security software out there. I get these random BSODs that seem to occur mostly when I am on the web while using Mozilla. I can't find anything about there being a 'disconnect' between Mozilla and Outpost, and I cannot read dmp files. I am set to renew my outpost subscription in about a month, and if this dmp file points to outpost as the problem then I may as well dump it and find another firewall.

Attachments

• Mini101606-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 5
foycur said:
I bought Agnitum Outpost almost a year ago because I had read it was one of the most consistent pieces of security software out there. I get these random BSODs that seem to occur mostly when I am on the web while using Mozilla. I can't find anything about there being a 'disconnect' between Mozilla and Outpost, and I cannot read dmp files. I am set to renew my outpost subscription in about a month, and if this dmp file points to outpost as the problem then I may as well dump it and find another firewall.

Hi

Any chance of any other dump files, that one contains a lot of invalid data making it hard to analyze.

Regards

I will do a search for .dmp files on my system and see what I find....
See if these have anything useful.

foycur said:
I will do a search for .dmp files on my system and see what I find....
See if these have anything useful.

Both these are showing this

PROCESS_NAME: ŸïÆ

BUGCHECK_STR: RAISED_IRQL_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS:
+71a5df52
71a5df52 ?? ???

SYMBOL_NAME: INVALID_CONTEXT

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: ŸïÆ

IMAGE_NAME: ŸïÆ

I will need to ask a Mod to have a look as I have never seen this in a bugcheck before, I'll get back to you.

Regards

Ididmyc600 said:
I will need to ask a Mod to have a look as I have never seen this in a bugcheck before, I'll get back to you.

Regards

I spoke to a Mod who deals with this, he says they are unreadable because
your minidumps are not set to small memory dump of 64k. You 'll need to set the PC to dump at this size and then when it next BSOD's repost the dump file here.

To change the Dump file size, right click my computer >properties > advanced >startup and debugging >setup> change to 64k Memory dump.

Regards

Thanks for all the info. I was suspecting it was outpost doing it. I shut it down and am using my windows firewall in conjunction with my router firewall. So far, no more BSODs.

And my computer is set for the 64K dump, so I'm not sure why I'm getting a bigger file size.

Since I think Outpost isn't going to be the firewall for me, anyone have any other ideas aside from ZoneAlarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back