BSODs, System Hangs galore - Minidumps included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nrbelex

Hi all,

I guess I should start at the beginning. I bought an Asus W3J a few months ago with the stock T5200 manually upgraded to a T7200. I had been playing with it for a couple weeks when I was hit by a BSOD in the middle of playing a game. After installing new drivers for the ATI X1600, I stopped getting the errors.

Roughly two weeks later, I was simply browsing the web when I was hit by another BSOD. This time the computer really went haywire. I would restart only to be met with another crash minutes later. During one startup I was told Windows was corrupt and thinking it could be the problem, I used the recovery CD to bring Windows back to the stock configuration. A few minutes later, BSOD. I tried recovering again, this time from the recovery partition and got a BSOD during the install. Desperate, and having recovered a third time, now back to the CDs since they allow more customization, I reflashed the BIOS to the newest version, something I had done when I initially got the computer. I ran memtest 86+ for ten hours and 31 cycles and it turned up nothing. I ran HD Tune's health check and it turned up nothing. I ran 3DMark 05 and the computer performed as expected. The BIOS flashing seemed to solve the problem for about a week.

During that week, I noticed 3-10 second hangs where the screen, keyboard and mouse would all lock-up and would become active again quickly typing out whatever I typed during the hang or moving the mouse rapidly in the way I had moved it during the hang. The performance monitor showed a surge in CPU use during these hangs. I let this go as a minor issue and hoped it wouldn't be a sign of instability. I was wrong.

Today, while disconnected from the wall (it happens equally while connected and disconnected) and doing major research in the library (grrrr), I was met with another BSOD. The system event viewer gives me event error 1003, "Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 804fae14." I am now completely lost and really desperate. I have finals and major papers due and I can't send this computer away for at least two weeks. Any help would be truly appreciated. The dump file from the most recent BSOD crash is attached.

THANKS!

~ Brett

More system information, if it helps:

Asus W3J Laptop

Customized to T7200

1gb stock RAM checked to 31 passes with Memtest86+

100gb 5400 RPM Stock HD checked with chdsk and HD Tune

ATI Mobility Radion X1600 with Catalyst 6.10 Driver

Hardware problem

Your windows is crashed at IRQL 28 and it is clock level IRQL. This is the symptom of hardware error. Probably the ram or cpu is faulty. Reseat the memory to another memory slot and clean the dust inside the computer. If it still crashes, run memtest to stress test the ram.

Attach more minidump here if you have.

I ran memtest86+ for 10 hours and 31 cycles and it picked up nothing. Regardless, I have a new stick on the way which I'll be able to try in the next few days. Next time I get a crash, I'll attach the dmp file again.

What programs or processes do you use to analyze the .dmp file? Do you just run the Windows debugger? How do you decode the messages it gives?

Thanks,
~ Brett

EDIT: I've never been so happy to have my system crash. A new minidump is attached as well as an older one I turned up from before my most recent reformat. At the time of the crash, the event viewer shows a category 102, event 1003. :) ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back