Building a pc (14 yrs old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he could, i know a guy who just turned 15 yesterday, he knows more than I do about computers and I can build a computer. (i am 18)

If they are a computer boff and enjoy messing around with computers and stuff then yes but I wouldn't advise it...I would say no.. thats my opinion

yes. Although I was cutting grass, shoveling shoveling snow, and spending all my quarters in the arcade at that age!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes, sure you can build a system at 14.

It isn`t that hard really.

Just take your time, and I`m sure it`ll be just fine. Maybe get someone who`s already built a few systems to give you a hand.

Take a look at How to build a pc.

Hope this helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes, it is definitely possible to build a PC at 14
This must be true as i have done it and the PC works (did i mention that my arm was in a sling at the time)...... This was about a month or 2 ago and i'm 14 at the moment.
Just dont go out and buy any old compatible components, spend a LOT of time doing research...boring i know, but i did it.
The hardest thing about doing it at our age is budget (i'm not as rich as i'd like to be.... but then again, who is?), you can get a decent(ish) PC for about £350, if (you overclock it a lot...) you don't need to run Doom3 at full reseloution and so on, but it would be running linux... (if you need windows get win98SE cheap)

Anyway - Good luck

man this is so confusing. with all those ages 'n stuff...

at first i thought '14' was referring to the computer itself.

a mate of mine started messing with computers at the age of 8. o.X

he is 27 yrs old now...

heck yes a 14 year old can build one on the count of i am 14 now and built the computer i am posting this on at the age of 13 =) i had miminal help from an uncle of mine and i did the rest. newegg was a large part of it. and google for the info searches.

oh

yeah you could im only 15 ive built 3 and repaired too many to count
heres a hint resources help thats why its good to have friends and the tech spot forums

Yep. Build a PC. I did it when I was around that age, with a 386DX40. As long as you take anti-static precautions, there's little that will go wrong, and manuals and the internet will make it EASY as nowadays.

Dude trust me you can !! .. I built my first PC at like 12 (19 now) and I had no help from anyone. Just keep the manuals close by and you'll be fine and gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back