Buying a new Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I have decided to buy a new computer. What do you guys think about these parts:

Motherboard: ASUS P5K (non-deluxe)
Graphics card: ASUS EN8800GT
CPU: Well I am not sure what to get here, should I go for Core2Duo Q6600, Core2Duo E6750 or E6700, or maybe something else?
RAM: 2GB Kingston
PSU: Not sure yet
HDD: 160GB or 300GB SeaGate/Maxtor

Well, i need opinions on the CPU and the Motherboard. I have used ASUS Mobos for years, and I am very satisfied, but I there are more models, I also noticed the P5B is a good one. Over the the computer shop, they said the P5K are newer and better ones . I would be grateful if you give some opinions.

Thanks for reading!

I would go with the E6750, Just recieved mine 2day when i ordered yesterday, comes with a nice fan&heatsink as well. :D

What price range are you in? Also, I would wait till later January until the new chips come out.

Wait for the new Penryn quad-cores to be out and have a better overall PC. Also, try the Abit IP35 Pro and the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R and the GA-P35-DS3L as alternatives to the P5K. The GA-P35C-DS3R is the best choice, followed by the Abit mobo. All your other choices are pretty good. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Thanks for the info, but here in Macedonia where I live , I will definately need to wait at least 1 month for the new stuff.

I have built multiple systems with the P5K and cannot say enough good things about them. They are solid, easy to setup, great motherboards with lots of options in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back