Need Help for Choosing a Part to Build Gaming PC

I am looking to purchase a budget gaming PC, and after conducting thorough research on the internet, I have come up with a gaming PC plan. Below is the current build I've considered:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-12100
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PRO II
  • Graphics Card: ASUS DUAL GEFORCE GTX 1650 V2 OC EDITION 4GB
  • RAM: Adata XPG Gammix D20 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 3200MHz
  • Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 450 V2 80 Plus Bronze
  • STORAGE: Adata XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB
  • Cabinet: Antec NX292 RGB (E-ATX) Mid Tower

Total cost: ₹49543 (about 600 USD)

Before finalizing my purchase, I'd appreciate some input on whether this build is suitable for running modern games. Additionally, it would be great if someone could provide any suggestions.

I am looking to purchase a budget gaming PC, and after conducting thorough research on the internet, I have come up with a gaming PC plan. Below is the current build I've considered:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-12100
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PRO II
  • Graphics Card: ASUS DUAL GEFORCE GTX 1650 V2 OC EDITION 4GB
  • RAM: Adata XPG Gammix D20 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 3200MHz
  • Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 450 V2 80 Plus Bronze
  • STORAGE: Adata XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB
  • Cabinet: Antec NX292 RGB (E-ATX) Mid Tower

Total cost: ₹49543 (about 600 USD)

Before finalizing my purchase, I'd appreciate some input on whether this build is suitable for running modern games. Additionally, it would be great if someone could provide any suggestions.
Question...
Do you plan on using this computer for long term, or just a few years and throwing it away...?

PC are great because they are SYSTEMS based on a platform. If u choose the wrong platform for your needs, you will forever be in a perpetual upgrade dolldrum.

edt.
Otherwise, something like the new Ryzen 9, with the 7940 APU in it, is probably what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Question...
Do you plan on using this computer for long term, or just a few years and throwing it away...?

PC are great because they are SYSTEMS based on a platform. If u choose the wrong platform for your needs, you will forever be in a perpetual upgrade dolldrum.

edt.
Otherwise, something like the new Ryzen 9, with the 7940 APU in it, is probably what you are looking for.

Yes, I plan to use this PC for the long term.

Yes, I plan to use this PC for the long term.

OK..

Well first off, the build you posted is incompatible with the items you chose. The mobo is AM4 socket for Ryzen CPUs... and you listed an outdated 4-core 12Gen INTEL i3. Those wont work together.

Look at AM4 CPUs, like the $95 Ryzen 5 5500..

Also, that video card is super outdated and no reason to be buying that card new, when many people have them in drawers or for sale. I would personally hold off for another month or two and grab yourself something newer and will make your whole gaming sessions so much more enjoyable.... like a Radeon RX 6500xt (or find a RX 6600 or RTX3050 for around $220)

Don't buy anything, until you know you have a complete compatible system.

OK..

Well first off, the build you posted is incompatible with the items you chose. The mobo is AM4 socket for Ryzen CPUs... and you listed an outdated 4-core 12Gen INTEL i3. Those wont work together.

Look at AM4 CPUs, like the $95 Ryzen 5 5500..

Also, that video card is super outdated and no reason to be buying that card new, when many people have them in drawers or for sale. I would personally hold off for another month or two and grab yourself something newer and will make your whole gaming sessions so much more enjoyable.... like a Radeon RX 6500xt (or find a RX 6600 or RTX3050 for around $220)

Don't buy anything, until you know you have a complete compatible system.
Thank you @m3tavision for this advice. It was really helpful for me

Thank you @m3tavision for this advice. It was really helpful for me
Remember, the motherboard (mobo) is the most important part of building a PC. And the second most important is the Power Supply Unit (PSU).

Those two^ components go hand-in-hand and offer a stable platform for you to build the rest of your system off of.

Easy to swap/upgrade CPUs, GPUs, Ram Sticks, SSDs, etc...

do not be too fast to buy. Planning a build is thee most important part.

Back