Buying a new tower.. any things i should be aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya,
Im thinking about buying a new computer tower/case/chasis whichever you prefer (or is preferred). OK, so should I be aware of anything like whether my power supply from my old case will fit, or if everything else will fit (im considering getting a bigger tower so im sure it will... umm just anything in general about this kinda thing. To clarify, all Im doing is moving all my old stuff from my tower now into a new one and am curious if I should be aware of anything. Sorry for the repetition :) Thanks for any help!

You could transfer everything into a new case without hesitation.
It would be advisable however, to buy a larger (min. 400 Watt) powersupply like Enermax, in case you want to upgrade anything else in the near future

Alternatively, look at the Antec Sonata case (available from www.overclock.co.uk) for about £90.- which includes a quiet powersupply and rubber suspension for your HD's making it an extremely quiet case.

When transferring your old gear, watch out for static and be extra careful when mounting the MoBo.

Make sure you are familiar with the components and how to go about transferring them. Remember to transfer the motherboard plate along with everything else.

Victor587 said:
Make sure you are familiar with the components and how to go about transferring them. Remember to transfer the motherboard plate along with everything else.

Take a look at the date of this thread.

It`s from nearly two years ago :p

Regards Howard ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back