Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 reveal trailer released

Emil

Staff

Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be released on November 8, 2011. The game will arrive on the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360, and Windows.

A trailer has been released (embedded below), and I must say that it is very well done. I particularly like how all the countries (America, England, France, and Germany) are written with the number three (Am3rica, 3ngland, Franc3, and G3rmany). The ending is perfect: the first letter is flipped upside-down to change WW3 to MW3.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the newest installment in Activision Publishing's number one first person action series. It is being developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games.

On a related note, Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling insists that Modern Warfare 3's engine is an improvement over the one used in Modern Warfare 2. Here's what he said on Twitter:

@Sebianoti We haven't gone into detail on the engine yet but we've moved beyond the MW2 engine and added a lot of cool stuff for #MW3.

Modern Warfare 3 has a lot to of expectations to live up to. Call of Duty: Black Ops, the game's predecessor, set a new record for the video game industry by selling 5.6 million copies (more than $360 million) on its first day and then broke theatrical box office, book, and video game sales records for five-day worldwide sell through in dollars (more than $650 million). In less than two months, it raked in over $1 billion in sales worldwide.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is by far the most epic Call of Duty experience yet. The teams at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have worked tirelessly to create for the Call of Duty player a scale that is unimaginable with a level of polish and creativity that will push the genre forward," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "The passion and energy of our developers is reflected in everything about the title. From the innovative gameplay, to the cinematic intensity, to the most advanced multiplayer ever, Modern Warfare 3 will raise the bar for this already incredible franchise."

I don't even play the Call of Duty franchise, and I'm excited. I want to see if this one will break records as well.

Permalink to story.

I just hope the PC version is good, if it has dedicated servers, more players than console versions on the multiplayer, the graphics are better than the console versions and is genuinely a good effort. I might consider buying my first COD game since the orginal MW.

P.S. COD 2 is still the best one of them all! :)

I just hope the PC version is good, if it has dedicated servers, more players than console versions on the multiplayer, the graphics are better than the console versions and is genuinely a good effort.

In short, you want Activision's version of Battlefield 3 ? :)

NeoFlux said:

In short, you want Activision's version of Battlefield 3 ? :)

Pretty much :) damn though I can't wait for Battlefield 3! If this COD comes out actually decent and so does Battlefield, I think i'm going to have one hell of a christmas :)

I know this is irrelevant to the gameplay and graphics and everything, but does the storyline of the Modern Warfare games have to be SOOO anti-Soviet (because let's face it, the Russians are being portrayed as Soviets, not modern Russians)? I'm fine with the whole good-guys-kill-bad-guys thing, but really, the storylines keep hitting me as so, well, American, with the 'forces of good'-esque soldiers with good morals killing the baddies from the non-Western countries.

ihaveaname said:
I know this is irrelevant to the gameplay and graphics and everything, but does the storyline of the Modern Warfare games have to be SOOO anti-Soviet (because let's face it, the Russians are being portrayed as Soviets, not modern Russians)? I'm fine with the whole good-guys-kill-bad-guys thing, but really, the storylines keep hitting me as so, well, American, with the 'forces of good'-esque soldiers with good morals killing the baddies from the non-Western countries.

Yep, thats pretty much COD, if you don't want that kind of story line look at... well every other FPS shooter...

Doesn't look very original anymore. Same effects, same game play, nothing looks new.

Yep, thats pretty much COD, if you don't want that kind of story line look at... well every other FPS shooter...

Hey, I like the game, that's why I wish it had a more likable storyline. Of course, if I didn't like the game I wouldn't bother complaining about it.

COD Blacks OPs is still $60 ...why? BF2BC is $20 and a way superior game. Activision can keep their over priced games.

Think I'll stick with Battlefield series, the squad based/class based/vehicles/destructible environment gameplay is much more fun.

ihaveaname said:

Is it anti-soviet? I thought the Russians the characters were fighting were ultra-nationalists focused on Russian expansion. And to be fair, Russia is still an expansionist nation. It's not politically favorable to do so now, but if the country got an easy opportunity to expand its borders, it would. Look at the Georgia incident. This is something more deeply rooted in Russian culture than one might think; it wasn't just the Soviets that wanted global control.

Also, launching a nuclear missile on Washington DC doesn't seem like a very moral act to me.

I pre-ordered MW2 and got burned... badly. MW3 will have to be a really, REALLY good game for me to spend anything near $50 for it, let alone $60. I just wish that there weren't so many brainless CoD fanboys.

Pretty cool trailer, however it still seems pretty generic to me. And until I see a lot more, I'm not buying into MW3 reinventing itself and bringing something never before seen to the table. I'm still personally more excited about BF3, even with it likely losing in overall sales.

Emil said:
I must say that it is very well done. I particularly like how all the countries are written with the number three. The ending is perfect: the first letter is flipped upside-down to change WW3 to MW3.

Can't tell if serious.

jetkami said:
COD Blacks OPs is still $60 ...why? BF2BC is $20 and a way superior game. Activision can keep their over priced games.

May be better on PC, but on consoles BFBC2 has its own problems, just as Black Ops does. Such as unbalanced teams, boring, slow matches (sometimes), teamwork as a requirement, etc. Black Ops and the Modern Warfare games are in no ways perfect, and they have issues themselves, but it's really apples and oranges.

With all that Billions they made from this franchise, one would think an upgrade to the engine is warranted, mix with a lil creativity in gameplay this time round! This trailer looks like *****.

BF3 is a definite pick for sure... after seeing this piece-O-shyte.

With all that Billions they made from this franchise, one would think an upgrade to the engine is warranted, mix with a lil creativity in gameplay this time round! This trailer looks like *****.

Yeah, BF3 looks great running on an $8000 machine with like 4 Radeon 6990s.

ihaveaname said:

Hey, I like the game, that's why I wish it had a more likable storyline. Of course, if I didn't like the game I wouldn't bother complaining about it.

Noo, thats not what I meant, I meant if you like the game alot of shooters are trying to be COD these days, i'm pretty sure you can find a replica shooter out there with your wanted story line. Since COD is pretty much copy and pasting itself with slight tweaks each year i'm sure a better story line might happen next year anyway.

example1013 said:

Yeah, BF3 looks great running on an $8000 machine with like 4 Radeon 6990s.

The 6990s only have one crossfire connector so you can only have 2... You'll will have to settle for a $6000 machine.

But seriously, upgrade the engine. The texture and polygon count in MW2 and Blackops(even though they are different engines) is retarded low. With being the BIGGEST money maker of any game 3 years in a row I think they just MIGHT be able to spend a few million on better graphics. I guess they know people will buy it either way, after all, graphics aren't important to console gamers.

If it's $60 with $15 paid DLC I'm not touching it. They've learned they can milk everyone dry with the CoD franchise, I wont buy into it.

Wow. I called Black ops a copy and paste game but it at least made new hand models and textures. This is pathetic. The cars, hands, ropes, minigun, textures and effects are all ripped straight from MW2.

Oh and that building collapsing. Newsflash IW, scripted destruction is not how you compete with the frostbite destruction. Until they make an engine from the ground up they'll always be confined to linearity, small levels and scripted events.

Oh did I mention that the small part with the boat used the same boat from mw2 and the guy in the front used the same animations price did in the MW2 boat. This is god damn pathetic.

Back