Can you assign sound from different aplications to different audio ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is the following: Can you, on just one audio card, assign the sound from two different applications to two different audio ports e.g. movie sound goes through one port to the TV while the sound from a game or music goes through another to a head-set. I mean, it is possible to divide different sounds in a movie to the different chanels in a 5.1 sound system so wouldn´t it be possible to do the same with applications?

Is there any programs that would allow this or do you need a second video card?

Thanks in advance!

Fanco

mmmmmmmm NO BUT YOU CAN have 1 device as the windows sound device such as my audigy soundcard and I have my digidesign MBOX in high end sound programs that use ASIO drivers so normally windows don't even see its there really till I'm in sonar or fruity loops......

NOW with that said if I could find a media player that allowed me to use those ASIO drivers as the output guess I COULD do just what you suggested.
I have honestly WANTED this ability before such as havin people in the vocal booth listening to a mix of a song so they can write lyrics and me being able to have a seperate audio feed so I could be composing music in fruity loops......... I am sure there is a way somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back