Can you trust your Andriod?

D

DelJo63

In the article from TheVerge, the FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) now associated with Facebook, is even bigger in the Andriod device. Why?

• Version updates are slow, if they arrive at all.
  • Some Android OEMs snoop on you.
  • Android remains vulnerable, thanks in part to Google’s permissiveness.
  • Android hardware development is chaotic and unreliable.

The problem of trust with Android, much like the problem of trust in Facebook, is grounded in reality. It doesn’t matter that not all Android device makers engage in shady privacy invasion or overreaching marketing claims. The perception, like the Android brand, is collective.

I'm only the messenger on this subject - - take issue with your OEM.

I don't trust android for privacy anything but yet I configure the settings carefully and keep using it.
Samething can be said about microsoft and apple but they are deeply integrated into our daily life.
The only time I have a direct problem with android, MS, apple is if they directly exposed sensitive information to the world without my say so.
They directly go against their own policys and fine print they had me read and sign before using anything.

Then they will be up for getting sued over time.

Take control of Android out of the box. I've Android Developer Since 2010. Over the years and up to now I am Android OS 8. Security it's best to disable all the apps that do not need to call home (home being where they were created from)

1. I disable all notification on apps, you really don't need that popping up.
2. Block the apps that don't need to access internet if they do you can limit their access.
3. Check to see which apps are trying to prompt you and then you can disable their access
4. Restrict Apps from accessing (contacts, sms (text messages), phone number, photo, music etc..)
5. Change the default power setting from 30 seconds to 5 mins.
6. Setup a pin to lock your phone and thumb or finger print to keep those extra eyes out.
7. Hide WiFi passwords
8. Just keep eye out for rouge apps that have their own agenda

Take back your smartphone control under you and not under someone else plan scheme...

I now have a reason to NOT like Android. I forgot my password & found out I could simply reset it & start a new, so I did, Apple requires your password.

Last edited:
Once you loose physical control of most devices, it's not difficult to get access via some form of root access. The Find My Phone control for Apple mobile devices (including the iPad) are quite good.

I get where all you are coming from, I don't like to be tracked either and think its bullshit. But do you really think Apple (the only alternative to Android after Windows phones failed) is any better in that aspect? I highly doubt it. If you want to be ''annonymous'' on your phone then you need to download a custom ROM, I guess they might have similar things for Iphones but idk. You can also root your phone and turn everything Google related off. But to be truthful, these companies will know about you and track you regardless, there is no annonimity. Hardware is up to you personally, everyone likes different looks and feels.

Android is not seems to be good. It's now doesn't provide any security. Even the applications for storing passwords are not trusted.

I don't think it's mainly Android, this also applies to Apple (iOS). The tracking is more bigger than you think. The question should be "how can we minimize our privacy exposure to big corporations"? Because let's face it, every company out there will data mine our personal information, whether it Google, Apple, Microsoft, heck even our ISP's have more data log than these third-party services. Not to mention, telemetry sending off data at continuous intervals and so forth. We can definitely minimize the tracking but we cannot completely remove it.

Back