You can reserve your Galaxy Fold pre-order from today

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Are you excited about foldable phones? If so, then you’ll probably know all about Samsung’s first entry in the market: the Galaxy Fold. Today’s the day that you can reserve a pre-order for one of the devices, which arrive in the US on April 26.

You can reserve your pre-order, which start on April 15, on the Galaxy Fold website. Don’t worry if you’re not 100 percent certain about spending $1,980 on an unconventional phone: making a reservation doesn’t mean you’re committed to buying one.

For those who don’t know, the Galaxy Fold has a 4.6-inch AMOLED display (21:9) on the outside and opens like a book to expose the 7.3-inch AMOLED Infinity Flex Display with a QXGA+ resolution (4.2:3). It comes with 12GB of LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB of local storage (UFS 3.0), and boasts six cameras—three on the back, two on the inside and one on the front.

The Fold launches in the US on April 26th in select AT&T, T-Mobile, Best Buy, and Samsung Experience Stores, and will be available in Cosmo Black, Space Silver, Astro Blue, and Martian Green. With supplies said to be limited, those desperate to secure one on launch date would be wise to pre-order. The device will also be available online from T-Mobile on April 25th. Buying a Fold from the carrier comes with some perks, including a pair of Galaxy Buds and a carbon fiber case.

"The new Galaxy Fold also connects to T-Mobile’s 600 MHz Extended Range LTE to give customers even better coverage than before in buildings and rural areas," the company explains.

Those more excited by Samsung’s Galaxy S10 5G, which is already available in Korea, will have to wait until May for it to arrive in the US. No official word on when pre-orders for that phone will begin, but rumors say they will go live next week.

Permalink to story.

Holy Daddy Warbucks! Two grand for a stinking phone?!?!?! Guess I'll wait until they have the blue-light special knocked down to $100 .... but I'll probably be dead before that happens! LOL

The Free Market is always right.

when this junk flops - along with the Mate-X, they'll be forced to face reality, Demand is low for a $2000 cellphone just cause it folds.

One experimental technology phone totally without screen protection for the price of 3 fully-protected and tried-and-true OnePlus phones. Niiiice. Best of luck to you sir.

when this junk flops - along with the Mate-X, they'll be forced to face reality, Demand is low for a $2000 cellphone just cause it folds.
$2000 for a low volume, fringe device is very reasonable. The galaxy fold is not a money making device, it's to show off their engineering prowess and draw attention the the brand. And I would like to point out it is doing a fantastic job at that.

This phone is more for marketing purposes and the tech needs to scale before prices come down. $2000? Sure, I bet they left some profit in that price but that's JUST WHAT IT COSTS. It's kinda of like if you want to buy a Bösendorfer piano, $500,000 for a piano is just what 10,000 man hours of labor and materials cost. The free market doesn't control, and cannot control, the amount of man power and engineering that goes into something.

$2000 for a low volume, fringe device is very reasonable. The galaxy fold is not a money making device, it's to show off their engineering prowess and draw attention the the brand. And I would like to point out it is doing a fantastic job at that.

This phone is more for marketing purposes and the tech needs to scale before prices come down. $2000? Sure, I bet they left some profit in that price but that's JUST WHAT IT COSTS. It's kinda of like if you want to buy a Bösendorfer piano, $500,000 for a piano is just what 10,000 man hours of labor and materials cost. The free market doesn't control, and cannot control, the amount of man power and engineering that goes into something.

$2000 for an Android phone that most likely will underperform benchmarks?

I don't think so.

But whatever...it's not my money nor will it ever be.

Some people buy diamonds and jewelry... I spend more on computer equipment on a whim.

I dropped $1577 on an iPhone XS Max 512GB and would have dropped $2000 if they'd offered a 1TB model.

$2000 for an Android phone that most likely will underperform benchmarks?

I don't think so.

But whatever...it's not my money nor will it ever be.

Some people buy diamonds and jewelry... I spend more on computer equipment on a whim.

I dropped $1577 on an iPhone XS Max 512GB and would have dropped $2000 if they'd offered a 1TB model.
I would like to be the first to say, since you talk about it so frequently, no one cares about how much money you have. How much money you can spend on something does not make your opinion more valid than other people's. It also doesn't give you the right to make claims that are outright false. This phone has 12gigs of ram and is most likely paired with the highest end mobile CPU on the market.

If you could please post some sources for your claims instead of citing your wallet that would be fantastic

Last edited:
I would probably buy this phone if it had an Intel chip with Windows 10 (core) OS on it...

I would like to be the first to say, since you talk about it so frequently, no one cares about how much money you have. How much money you can spend on something does not make your opinion more valid than other people's. It also doesn't give you the right to make claims that are outright false. This phone has 12gigs of ram and is most likely paired with the highest end mobile CPU on the market.

If you could please post some sources for your claims instead of citing your wallet that would be fantastic

12 GB of RAM due to the fact Android is so inneficient.

Again: the FREE Market will decide their fate.

And it ain't looking good.

12 GB of RAM due to the fact Android is so inneficient.
*inefficient

And you just spent one and a half grand on a phone which has 4GB of RAM. Doesn't matter how good the software is, no way should a device that expensive come with such a small amount of memory.

*inefficient

And you just spent one and a half grand on a phone which has 4GB of RAM. Doesn't matter how good the software is, no way should a device that expensive come with such a small amount of memory.

WRONG

It does matter how good the software is.

Back