Cannot Create D3D Device issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys, im sure your all experts or some of you are anyway.

Im running on a Sony Vaio, 900mhz AMD Duron MMX, 3DNow.

This PC came with WinME and when ME is installed this pc will play "KnightOnline"

Sure it is a lil choppy and laggy simply because of the 8mb vid card and 312MB Ram

Now I use the XP home 5.1 build 2600 install CD that comes with my eMachine.

Everything installs quickly and smoothly, I install Norton 2008 that came with my Router.

I install my game and I get the error, "Initialization- Cannot Create D3D Device- please check DirectX or display card driver."

I go to DirectX Diagnostic Tool and see that im running xp with sp2 2002

and DirectX 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904.

my display driver was at first a 300/350/630/730 sis or something like that, then i went to update and updated to 630/730 just to see if it made a difference.. it didnt.

so anyone know how to help me?? much appreciated!

You do not have enough computer, nor enough RAM, and not nearly enough operating system... WME and a 900MHz VAIO, and an eMachine?
Norton 2008 is too much for the 312 mb, or for WME.
You need a serious upgrade

ok

im poor i have no money. i have two pc's. one is a 2004 eMachine which is not too bad, nothing like what your using im sure. but the fact remains, everything worked fine when i was running wme. now it is not. is there a way to fix it without going on a crime spree?

Most techs on this forum know that Windows ME is the worst and most troublesome operating system ever used.
You can do a complete WME install, and get back to normal for a while... WME has a pattern of corruption that becomes increasing worse until it will no longer work. But it takes a reformat and reinstall to make it get back to normal.

ok and yes i understand that wme is obsolete and troublesome. which is why I want to keep my XP however ME runs programs that the XP will not. it seems as though xp is too much for my pc.

Then use the steady and reliable, and very good, Windows 98 Second Edition... you are just kidding yourself using WME. There is nothing WME will run that W98SE will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back