Cannot Right-Click on Files, getting PAGEFAULT when I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my problem. I recently was bombarded with spy/ad/mal-ware including VX2, Prutect, etc. and as a result my system became non-bootable, except in Safe Mode. When I tried to boot normally I contiously got PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x10000050 (0xfffffffc, 0x00000000, 0x8054af32, 0x00000000 after removing all of these things using Option^Exclipit's tools (in Safe Mode)... (all Spyware/Adware/Virus checks came back OK) and also disabling EVERYTHING in MSConfig (just to be safe). Windows now starts normally. But... for some reason, when I right-click on a FILE the context menu comes up, then I get the same blue screen, or if I try to delete a FILE I get a blue screen, I can drag a file into the Recycle Rin and delete it that way, and I can right-click FOLDERS and delete FOLDERS without a problem, and I can right click the Desktop, Taskbar, EVERYTHING else except Files. Even if I use the Context Menu button on the keyboard on a file, the same thing happens. Also in Safe Mode I can do all the things I cannot in normal windows... I've searched around and lol I don't even know how to WORD this problem to search for it properly. I've searched for the PAGEFAULT error but it seems no one is experiencing it under the same conditions as I am. Can someone give me some insight as to what might be happening? Thank you very much.

I would suggest booting back into safe mode and following RealBlackStuff's advice in This Thread . Once this is done it might fix your problem, if not you might need to repair XP which information can be found here for that

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back