Cant access favorite's from start menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfactor

Up until recently, Ive been able to access my favorites through the start menu(without going through browser)

Now, not a single link will work. It just immediately alerts me, with a big red X,....FILE NOT FOUND.

Also, all-of-a-sudden, Im presently having trouble both, Logging Off, and Re-starting computer from the start menu.

Though, I dont know much, I feel it may be re-lated to a tracking cookie.

Also, out of paranoia, ive turned my privacy setting to HIGH. IS this a good Idea?

Your help, as always..................is appreciatted.

I am kinda dumb, and haven't yet figgered out how to access My Favorites without using a browser. Never seen it, in fact.
But inability to log off from the Start the Start menu, and Re-Starting from the Start menu is serious stuff.
No, at a time like this, it is not wise to set your privacy settings to HIGH. Wait until you get things fixed.
Hope things work out for you.

Here's where your favorites live:
Start-->Run--> %userprofile%\favorites
Are they all red Xs in there?

I would suggest to run CCleaner through your system (cleaning out all those cookies (and a lot more temp stuff)

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Now try Favorites again

Heres how

Right click start menu and select propertys/customize.
See the rest in attached.
Windows help is a wonderful tool.:grinthumb

Attachments

• Start Menu.jpg
    Start Menu.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 5
zipperman said:
Right click start menu and select propertys/customize.
See the rest in attached.
Windows help is a wonderful tool.:grinthumb

Wow, I learn something new everyday, however, unless I did it wrong, your method was ineffective. ty

kimsland said:
Here's where your favorites live:
Start-->Run--> %userprofile%\favorites

No!

I would suggest to run CCleaner through your system (cleaning out all those cookies (and a lot more temp stuff)

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Now try Favorites again

no!
Now try Favorites again
Amazing it worked!Lol
Note: Google, is no longer my Browser.
IE7, is on Tutorial/Set-upscreen!?
Does this , mean i was successful?

I would just like to add, that, the Blubster Tool Bar is gone. Thank god! And that my computer seems to be running more efficient.

Also, previously, when I opened up my Browser page(google) it was what appeared to look like there was a fake tool-bar opening with it. This is when I notticed Blubster tool-bar in upper right corner. Almost like there was TWO, trying to open at once. This change was recent as well. The web page all of a sudden was struggling to open.

Whats also strange, is the Activity on the Red-light of my tower. It use to continously flash off and on, when I was online. Now it does not(normal again)No activity.

Since posting a HJT log, Ive been rotating Anti-virus programs. Windows live one-care and *TrendMicro Anti-Virus and Spyware Remover In addition with House-call 6.6

Whatever this was(last week) it was able to go undetected through virtually everything. Except the TrendMicro products. Despite my well efficient computer, it kept trying to jam-up HouseCall and TMAVS. Kept getting Data-miners(spyware/greyware)
IF trendmicro anti-virus cant find it, nothing will. This is a powerful tool. I completely stand by it. It found those malicious back doors that those others couldnt find.

If you use this product please let me know the results,

*This is a Massive, but powerful Program(320MB) x10 the size of SS&D.

Sorry for the sloppy format. gotta go for now.

My method is right

Xfactor said:
Wow, I learn something new everyday, however, unless I did it wrong, your method was ineffective. ty
Read your Windows Help,type Start Menu in search.
This is my customized
Start Menu.Learn how to use your computer.I know what i'm doing.
Follow directions.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back