Can't enter Win XP/Booting (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a major problem with my new computer, I can not get into Win XP. I installed a new game yesterday morning played it & everything seemed to be fine I switched off & went to work.

I have just turned it on again & during start up I get a Please wait for IDE scan...
Drive 0:not detected
Drive 1:not detected
Drive 2:not detected
Drive 3:not detected
Press (ctrl-G) to enter setup utility or Press (esc) or (s) to continue booting.
Followed by next screen:

Scan devices please wait..
Press(tab) key into user window
Serial_ch0 Master: No device
Serial_ch1 Master: No device

then another screen with loads of info flashes up, then it
gets to a point where: a screen pops up & says 'Were apologise for the inconvience but windows could not start this maybe due to new software etc, etc' it then gives me 5 options:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last known good config
Start Windows normally

None of which get me into windows, the Win XP graphic shows up & looks like its loading then the screen flickers blue for a mili-second before my computer restarts & goes through the same thing over & over again. I have looked at the BIOS & everything seems to be OK & installed, but given my limited knowledge that's not saying alot. I have tried booting from the CD drive but I just get to a point where Caldera DOS opens up & the A:drive is selected then im not sure what to type to get anything working.

I have a Athlon 64 3000+
1gb Ram
2000Mhz Speed
200Mhz Clock
K8VT800P Model name
0F48 - CPU (taken from BIOS)
I have no internet connection on that computer.

Is there anyway of solving this? apologies if already asked or covered elsewhere.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Thanks in advance.

It's odd that your machine would try to boot Windows when the BIOS doesn't detect any drives. Do you know which controller your drives are attached to? Check that all the drive cables are securely plugged in, including the power cables.

I agree with PanicX thats abit wierd, unless your winxp is on say a sata controller... then it wouldn't recognize any of the ide devices unless you have a cd device connected..

what service pack was on the box before the crash...

try booting to the xp install disk and choose repair or recover

then from the recovery console type fixboot tell it yes to any prompts to rewrite files... then do chkdsk /r to check the disk and repair any errors. this will take about 15-30 min depending...
then see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back