Cant get to Welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Home Edition.
When I got up this morning, I went to turn my computer on, and I got the Windows Error Recovery screen. This is'nt the end of it.
I proceeded to fix the issue, but right after i pressed enter, the screen went black. Not the black like it is when power is off, but like a lighter black, if you know what i mean. I waited for ten minutes or so, and still nothing.
From there, I just held the power button down till it shut off, waited a couple minutes, then turned it back on. Same Error Recovery screen, but this time I tried the Start Windows Normally option.
After about 3 minutes of the Yellow bar scrolling across the screen, a blue screen flashes VERY quickly, less than half of a second. The screen goes COMPLETELY black, then the computer restarts itself. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly is going on, which is why I came to you guys.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

John

Alright, I tried turning the computer off and I got the dreaded "blue screen of death."

Technical Info:
***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF98A007, 0xF7772CB80, 0x000000)
*** win32k.sys-Address BF98A007 base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7A

Beginning dump of physical memory.

Look into the recent announcement about Dell models having NVidia chips...there seems to be a sort-of recall going on...check the Dell forums. I believe the 1525 is amongst them. Do you have NVidia chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back