Cant install a new dial up connectoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigosdefox

I recently upgraded from ie 5 to 6 in a laptop with came with preinstalled windows 98, I connect to the internet using a router connected to the laptop´s ethernet adapter, but when i try to install a dialup connection in the internet explorer options the internet connection wizard appears and says that some files might need to be copied from the windows installation cd. Even though the cd is in the cd tray when i press "next" the message "the installation wizard hasnt finished, do you wish to exit?" appears.
Anybody know how i can fix this?

Did you have any problems with the Explorer upgrade, and was there a net connection before the upgrade, if so there should have been no reason to do another one it should have kept it during the upgrade, try installing E6 again see if that helps.

There is a dial up connection installed, and it works, but internet explorer doesn´t automatically prompt to dial up the connection, it only gives the option to work without a connection or to try again

Que pasa Amigo;
I am a little confused .You stated that you were conected to the internet via the ethrnet card>router.Where is the modem and what exactly is the modem.Cable,POTS etc.
I do not think configuring a dial-up connection will affect your hardware if I understand you correctly.
Dial-up generally configures a POTS modem directly connected to your computer.
Try outlining exactly what it is you want to do and exactly what the hardware is.I know you will get some help then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back