Can't install TechSpot's Nvidia GeForce Driver

pebusculous

I downloaded TechSpot's Nvidia GeForce Graphics Driver 391.35 for Windows 7/8/Vista 32-bit with GeForce GT 1030 GPU listed as supported. The driver stopped on install and reported that it's not compatible with Vista or GeForce GT 1030 ["could not find compatible graphics hardware"]. What am I doing wrong?

It appears Nvidia no longer supports Vista on their 10xx series GPU's. I've even read where Nvidia no longer supports 32 bit drivers. So if you find anything, it will likely be a legacy driver. Legacy 10xx drivers may not exist. If you can not get drivers for 9xx to work, you may be out of luck.

That wont work with vista 32bit, besides that vista is pretty much dated.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/132837/en-us
Release Date: 2018.3.27
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 32-bit
Language: English (US)
File Size: 329.12 MB

Next time you don't download drivers from techspot or any other tech-whatever site again to prevent any more migranes.
Always go directly to the manufacturers site for the official un-modified drivers they make.

Thank you Clifford and Maiku. The fan literally melted off of the previous Nvidia board in this computer and prevented start up. Grabbed the GT1030 from a surprisingly limited selection at Best Buy - couldn't install drivers due to Vista OS but at least had video and normal functions. No changes system-wise aside possibly through Windows updates but couple of weeks ago video went spotty and generic VGA driver shows explanation point in Device Manager with message "device cannot start (Code 10)". Rollback Driver option greyed out and Update Driver comes back that best driver already installed. There's no on-board graphics so no idea how there's video at all [flat screen TV w/HDMI connect to Nvidia PCIe board]. For some reason, Windows Update one night recently ran Restore about a dozen times so finding the one before the [possible] offending system change may no longer be an option if, in the sudden onslaught of Restores, it was over-written. Was checking for legacy drivers or possible other work arounds when I came across Techspot's Nvidia driver for Vista & GT1030 saying "driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver" and it's not like I dash around installing whamby-pamby everything I come across but it sounded like somebody knows what they're doing so I took a chance. When it didn't work hoped it might be a config issue or other setting I overlooked and "need help?" link brought me here so why not ask before writing it off as a no-go. Have Windows 7 disc but on other hand been playing with Ubuntu a couple of years and it's a definite contender. But first need someplace to put files and maybe a bigger hard drive but it all comes one step at a time [budget constraints]. Haven't had a new computer since 1988 but this one's less Frankenstienian than previous others parted out from so many used computers it looks like Computers for Classrooms around here. Browse around a lot of websites - yours I bookmarked. You guys do some good stuff and I like your forum because the feedback is impressively fast and to the point useful. So thanks again Clifford and Maiku for trying to help me out with this thing ~ really appreciate it.

No problem I am sorry all of that happen, but Best Buy video cards fan melting ?
Thats a new one I've heard of, but usually they don't have that kind of engineering problem.

The Nvidia card with the melted fan was original hardware that I replaced with the Best Buy Nvidia card. It doesn't support Vista but as you said, it's more dated than even its predecessor, XP. The MB surprisingly is made by AsusTek and branded as HP's Basswood3G. HP also dumped Vista and all of their driver downloads along with it. I mentioned earlier that the MB doesn't have onboard graphics and the generic VGA driver shows a Code 10 error in Device Manager saying it can't start. The video and graphics are spotty with wild artifacts but how's it able to generate any at all? Where is it coming from? The driver issue and spotty graphics showed up a couple of weeks ago and I'm guessing a Windows update changed something. How that may have come about is when I checked Windows Update logs to see why it wasn't finding any updates. The logs were showing "The system has been restored. Hence triggering AU detection through DetectNow API. Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API..." which seemed at odds with my "let me decide" settings given its next message line, "Can not perform non-interactive scan if AU is interactive-only." After that, it ran static reporting data, then ended with no updates. And that's when I changed the update settings to run fully auto and possibly, allowed a change that effected the graphics driver. But it started downloading updates and occasionally, successfully installs one or two but more often fails with "...Servicing failed to complete the process of setting [update package] into installed state" or "install requested state" or "into uninstall requested state" or "failed to complete process of changing update from [package] into staged state" or "into absent state". Windows Update sets a restore point and every few seconds after that, Trusted Installer sets another one up to a dozen times and will do this a couple of times a day. So my system is doing what seems graphically impossible and isn't doing what seems ordinary. On the other hand, Vista seems the most disfavored OS on the planet so what should I expect, right?

Windows Me is more hated than Vista, if you had another pc to screw around with.
Try using windows Me and trying to trouble shoot it, its just downright impossible.
The only possible saving grace for vista is it's service pack 2 but even then it still has its issues.
I don't know if money is an issue for you but move on to windows 7 or windows 10.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FBK2GQZ/?tag=httpwwwtechsp-20

At 73.00 bucks and updating it to service pack 2 it'll do what you need it to.
Until MS comes banging on your firewalls door for a upgrade to W10 by force. =/

LOL! My MS adventures somehow side-stepped the Windows-Me experience, thankfully. The total portion of my life spent pounding my head with my fists while working with tech advancing labor-saving electronic OS and devices is too great to think about [going back to green-lettered DOS and 5 1/4" OS load-up disks]. I have a Win 7 disk and just need somewhere to off-load files [budget limits and you know, "if it's not one thing it's more" naturally follows an innate inability to master the word "no"...]. Terabyte hard drive sounds great if system meets power needs. Ubuntu is pretty impressive after a couple or so years toying around with it. It's more widely accepted in day-to-day tasks [online banking etc.] then back in the day. Even MS made concessions - and now they own Git-Hub [good or bad?]. When this system was gifted to me, one of the first things noticed was MS banging down the doors with upgrade data gathering telemetry. There's a growing "so what, they already know everything anyway" perspective underfoot that's kind of disturbing and maybe I'm just paranoid, but seems we 60s children are the last generation to know and appreciate the true purpose and meaning of "privacy" ~ clearly indicating we failed our job. A 60s uprising - it's the only answer [sorry lol! clearly of another forum...]. Win 8 doesn't seem a popularity contender either with the direct hop from 7 to 10 reflected here commonly seen elsewhere although, if rumors count,10 raises some dicey privacy issues all its own. With names like Fall Creator and Redstone, this last Mohican mainstay in MS's upgrade-to-services shift almost sounds in reverence or hopeful prayer of North Dakota's tribal ancestors. The reaches of MS for market share are truly boundless.

Oh, perhaps he can do a custom install and put clean install, so it removes everything and does a clean installation of the latest drivers. Let us know what happens...

Thank you Julio Franco for clarifying my post heading that can be confusing. Thank you also, Organik [like your picture]. The problem here is Vista because driver and other support dropped faster than yesterday's headache. Even XP has better days. That's why I was so ecstatic to find the Nvidia GT 1030 driver for Vista here on Techspot that sadly was a no-go on install [see at
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/nvidia-geforce/#specs].

Once I have the HD space for a switch-over to Ubuntu [maybe Win 7...or not] the driver problem's solved. Currently it's using VGA save with an explanation point on MS's standard VGA driver which sux and also terminates the sleep feature that I use[d] a lot.

But it runs on a flat screen TV through the Nvidia card's HDML port somehow without acknowledging either is there [?]. Like a favorite candy bar right at your fingertips but ... you ... just .... can't .... reach it!

Back