Cant install windows on new build

boagz57

Hi all. So I just built my new pc, loaded it up and tried to install windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Now when I get to the part to install windows on my SSD there is a warning at the bottom that says windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1(this partition says EFI next to it) ,2 or 3. when ever I click the warning it says, "windows cannot be installed on the disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed. The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP)". I have a 256GB Samsung SSD that I bought off ebay. What does this mean?/ what can I do to fix it?

In the BIOS set the 'legacy' optical drive to become first boot. Also here you can format all showing partitions and then delete them all until only one remains.Then add the RST. Another reason that a new SSD may not be recognized by the bios is that it may need to be initialized and quick formatted to NTFS - 4096. This can be done if there's another drive to boot from in the system or you have access to another computer. Admin Tools Computer Management Disk Management Right Click on the Disk.

Back