Can't save pictures, files... with Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys/Gals,

For about a week now I've been trying to diagnose why I cannot save anything with Mozilla Firefox. I right click, save picture as, and the save box comes up. I can click save like usually and everything looks fine. But when I go to where I am trying to save files, there isn't anything there. I've tried saving to my desktop, to different drives, different folders, don't know what's going on. Funny thing is I've since re-installed Windows and downloaded newer version of Firefox and it is still doing it. I can save fine with IE 7.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

No problem, you can still save pictures like we used to.

This CAN be done by right clicking on that image, then selecting Copy Image, then, go to the RUN in your start menu (or press the logo key + R), type mspaint, then paste (ctrl+V) inside it..

Voila !

Hello ickselglic,

i have (exactly) the same strange problem like you. Were you able to solve it in the meantime? I also reinstalled Windows recently, but the problem remained.

Best regards,
bladerunner

Some users don't realize that when the Save As function is called up, there is a dialog box on the screen that says "Save In"- If you don't change that box, the picture will be saved in wherever is box has listed.

Doing a right click on the picture should display 'Save As", but there are some images that cannot be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back