Can't solve BSOD issues, need help from the experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more than 100 minidmp files since Feb. That doesn't include the random lockups without BSOD.

I've tried to troubleshoot this on my own. I've tried to read the dump files. I've bought new memory, swapped, replaced, put in alone, ran memory tests. Nothing. I scrubbed the system and on a new install (with drivers and hardware installed, though), still BSOD.

I need some help on this if someone can provide it, becuase I'm out of ideas. I had two BSOD this morning. One was overnight when I was asleep. The other was within about 5 minutes of me starting the day (I had only opened several tabs in Firefox).

Those two dmp files are attached. Any help is appreciated. Let me know if you need more information.

the first dump references sptd.sys. this is used is Daemon Tools virtual drive software. if you have this installed, go to "\windows\system32\drivers\" and rename sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys (x = random number), to something else, and see if the problems stop.

the second dump says memory corruption, so try running memtest to test for faulty ram.

also, zip a few more of your memory dumps, at least 7, and post back. :)

Sounds like hardware problems, your powersupply might be failing, or the capacitors on your mainboard, or both.

In both cases inspect the capacitors, they should be flat with no electrolyte leaking from the top or bottom...

Here is an example of two bad capacitors:
FSP235_YEC.jpg

And here is the powersupply they came from, now with replaced good capacitors, note the flat shiny tops...
FSP235_Sanyo.jpg

You forgot to attach the minidumps. EDIT: They're there now.
Take a look at the threads in my sig line below. See what power requirements you have and if your PSU is up to the task.
Can you post your system specs please?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back