Case USB not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukey

Ello again :D

I've been having a few issues with a new PC case I brought (Nzxt Nemesis Elite Black), and this time it's the USB that's causing me grief..

The front USB ports are connected properly to the board (there is only one way it will go in), but whenever a device is connected, the device recognizes that it's plugged in, but the computer doesn't react. It's like its getting the power through but not the data.

The other USB ports work fine at the back of the machine, only the front case ones. I also have the outer case 1394 connection popping up, saying it's unplugged.

Any ideas? - Thanks
-Nukey

Oh, heres a pic of the case, just incase you need to see it.

Armor_case.gif

Are you sure all the pins in the port on the front of the case are in their correct positions? Maybe it's not getting good enough contact.
hoping it works out for you
kitty500cat

your data pins may be installed incorrectly.

For USB:

red = +VCC
Yellow = - Data
Green = + Data
Black = Ground

the front slots are usually the 1.1, slow devices (ie cameras)
and the rear are 2.0 for scanners and HDs.

use only 2.0 cables

and get an update for the 1.1 driver

Well the plug on the end of the cable (connected to the case) is solid, all the pins are connected correctly, and are in firmly. This is really baffling me.

Nukey said:
the device recognizes that it's plugged in, but the computer doesn't react. It's like its getting the power through but not the data
it sounds like it could be just the opposite.

if windows recognizes the device it connected, then the data got through, but it may not be receiving enough power. check your mobo for USB power header jumpers or BIOS settings. what is the specific USB device that you are having trouble with?

windows XP SP2 has USB2.0 drivers already. otherwise you can get them from your mobo manufacturer's website or driver/utility CD (assuming your mobo supports it)

a little more help

see if the usb cables in the case on the case side of the intiror cables(not mobo) are pushed in all the way. if you may have bumped them (not knowing) it may have pulled the wire ends out of the back of the usb female connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back