CDROM issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

Okay. I'm using a lite-on 40-12-40/48ish cd burner. Right now, I have my hdd as primary master, and the burner as secondary master, nothing else attatched to ide cables. For a few months, i would boot once in a while to find that neither windows, or even bios was showing that i even had a cdrom plugged in, so I'd reboot and it would be fine. The last week it started happening agian, I'd have to reboot twice, and it would be detected. It runs perfectly fine if it detects it, no problems. It gets power on every boot, because the light blinks and I can open it before it finishes post tests and stuff. However, as of yeesterday, I've rebooted about 15 times, and It won't be detected at all anymore. What's the deal lol. Anyone out there help? Thanks.

System Specs:
asus p4s533, 2.0a p4, 400w ps, 80 gig western dig, 256 ram(512 jus broke grrr), 128 mb ti4200, audigy, xp prof.

Unplug and replug the power and the data cables going into the drive.

Try switching the IDE cables between the HD and the burner to rule out a bad cable.

Try putting the burner on the primary IDE to rule out a bad secondary IDE channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back