check disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys...i'm wondering if there is anyone here who can help me out...

i keep getiing this baloon in the bottom right corner of the taskbar with the 'file corrupt and unreadable' message (for several files) and it suggests to check the C drive.

but when windows checks the disk (on windows startup) when it checks indexes it's trying to correct something in a file.....and i get a message that says 'inserting an index entry into index $0 of file 41107'

the problem is that this message is displayed over and over again and it never stops! i let it run once for almost an hour and it didin't finish.....

what concerns me is that it's al about this file....there is no actual progress here....it just keeps doing the same thing over and over again (at least thats what i think)

....so files are still corrupted and i have to cancel scandisk everytime my computer starts......

anyone have a suggestion?? for example a program that can correct this problem cuz obviosly windows scandisk cannot...

i have win xp with service pack 2 installed

tks....

run crap cleaner registry repair. Your hard disk may also be failing. I would back up everything else that is important to a second HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back