Check Signal Cable problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agapoulis

Greetings to the community of Techspot i am here to ask you for a solution to my problem.
(To be honest i dont even know if this is the right thread for my post but i couldnt find a categorie which fit better to it!
So let me get to the point.
The whole deal is about a wierd message that is appearing to the screen after i shut down my computer and this message is no other than "Check signal cable"
Before u propose me anything let me tell/ask you 1-2 things
1:This is not the monitor''s malfuction ( tested it with another monitor)(dont know about the graphic's card thought)
2:Lets say i cant find how to repair the problem is this something that can be harmfull for my monitor?
3:If yes why ?

So pretty much thats it!

Thanks in advance.

"Check Signal Cable" is a perfectly normal indication. All it means is that the computer has stopped sending the video signal to the monitor. Why?...Because the computer has been shut off, and the monitor isn't quite into its power save mode. No harm will come form this, I promise you. Different monitors act differently to a computer shut off. They are all normal and safe

No, as Tmagic650 points out.. is not harmful for the monitor... but now that the subject is raised... i have a related question maybe Tmagic640 or someone else knows....

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 940MW monitor. I will also get the Check Signal Cable message but only when the video cable is disconnected from my computer. I don't see it when the computer is shut down and the video cable remains connected. Just curious about it now that the subject has been raised in a thread!

LookinAround,
your situation is normal too. The way a monitor reacts to a computer shutdown or when going into sleep mode, is determined by the monitors logic/sense circuits. My Samsung SyncMaster 245bw flashes Analog, Digital a few times then goes black. The power button flashes blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back