Cleaning up an old Laptop for storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a program out there that will clean up my pc. I'm only going to want some of my graphic editing stuff and my documents on there. I'm looking to speed the pc back up as i will only use this laptop for storage and image editing. I'm putting all of my developing/editing programs on my new laptop. I'm looking for a program i guess, free, that once i delete the non useful programs, will speed back up the computer for a quick storage/html editing solution.

Thanks in Advance,

Hunter

there are programs called CCleaner and Zappit which i think you can get off of download.com, which delete old temporary files etc and CClenaer has a registry cleaner in it so most people here recommend that one, as do i

if you use the add/remove programs thing in control panel to uninstall your programs then run CCleaner's scans it should help clean things up a bit and probably speed the pc up

Thanks dave, thats what i was thinking, i've used ccleaner before and it worked flawlessly, i'll check on the Zappit program on CNet and see how it works for me...

oh yeah, after you've taken the programs off and done cleanups and whatnot try defragging, that should help speed it up quite a bit

it's all to do with disk access but it makes things load quicker and stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back