Clicking or Ticking noise on burned media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm at my wits end trying to solve this problem. I have a Gateway desktop with an Intel Pentium IV processor at 3 Ghz. I have 2 gigabytes of RAM. Computer is about 4 years old. When I burn music CDs they come out fine but when I try and burn some ra files (basically some lectures that I downloaded) using real player there is a pronounced ticking or clicking that occurs about once or twice per second very rythmically like having a scratch on a record. This happens not only when I burn with my CD burner but also on a DVD/CD burner that I have as well no matter what speed I try and burn the CDs. I have recently noticed that this is now occuring on home movies that I burn to DVDs as well. The clicking gets louder as the volume of the burned media gets louder and almost goes away completely during very quiet points. The noise lasts the duration of the burned media.
When I play the media directly from my hard drive, no clicking. I've played the burned CDs and DVDs on other computers and DVD players and the clicking is there so its definitely on the burned CDs and DVDs. I use Pinnacle Studio's (I think its version 10 now) to burn the home movies. The real files can only be burned by the real player (unless I get a converter). Does anyone have a solution for this? I've gone through bunches of CDs that are all useless because of this annoying noise.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back