Common Folder, helper.sig, and random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've read the 8 step plan and done everything on it - rebooted after reinstating AVG and there's still a "Common" folder up when I reboot, with a single file, helper.sig in it (which has been the case the whole time.) The symptoms I'm having are a really slow computer (opening applications especially), random and spontaneous restarts, and of course the Common folder with "helper.sig". Please help!! Thanks for all you do guys.

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool

Restart

Run Startup Control Panel and remove any not required startups: (should be most!)

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

Ok, I did everything you said and then ran Malwarebytes again, it didn't find a thing. The helper.sig is still there, and while I haven't had a random restart in a while, every time DO restart, there is about 3 seconds during the boot-up (after the desktop has appeared) where my whole screen flickers to black. (It comes back, and all the desktop icons re-populate). Any idea what the next step would be - I can't seem to find a standard solution to removing this troublesome little file!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back