Company wants to pay someone $1,000 to play 50 hours of Fortnite

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Are you a Fortnite fan? If so, how does the idea of being paid $1,000 to play the game for 50 hours sound? That’s the offer put forward by a company looking for a lucky candidate to fill this role.

Utah-based online firm Highspeedinternet.com, which helps people choose internet service providers, is behind the promotion that will pay one gamer $20 per hour to play Fortnite for 50 hours. All that time can be accumulated between June 7 and July 13—you don’t have to complete any marathon gaming sessions—and the gameplay must be livestreamed to Twitch.

There is slightly more work involved than just playing and streaming Fortnite. The chosen applicant must report on how an upgraded internet connection, provided by Highspeedinternet.com, improves the gaming experience compared to their original internet.

In addition to the $1,000 payment, the prize includes a new modem and router along with one year of free high-speed internet service with the winner’s ISP of choice. There’s also up to $30 for any gaming additions needed. Altogether, the total prize is up to almost $3,000 in value.

Applicants need to be over 18, authorized to work in the US and must enter before Friday, May 31. They must also own a console or PC for playing Fortnite, obviously. The winner will be announced on Friday, June 7.

If you’d like the chance to make an easy $1,000, head over to the Highspeedinternet.com page for more details.

Permalink to story.

"must report on how an upgraded internet connection, provided by Highspeedinternet.com, improves the gaming experience compared to their original internet."
This is so funny and pathetic on so many levels :-D

"must report on how an upgraded internet connection, provided by Highspeedinternet.com, improves the gaming experience compared to their original internet."
haha right?!
Well, I was playing great on my 150Mbps Comcast connection... Then I "upgraded" to the blazing fast 40Mbps that was offered by Highspeedinternet.com and had a bit of trouble here and there after that. Now give me my $1000.

"yeah, the building pieces build together so much faster!! And lookey at those graphics! You don't get them graphics on that normal internet!"

haha right?!
Well, I was playing great on my 150Mbps Comcast connection... Then I "upgraded" to the blazing fast 40Mbps that was offered by Highspeedinternet.com and had a bit of trouble here and there after that. Now give me my $1000.

Bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming experience. It is latency. ISP's prey on the less knowledgeable on this.

haha right?!

Bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming experience. It is latency. ISP's prey on the less knowledgeable on this.
And companies like a Highspeedinternet prey on people that think strait line to server will drasticaly improve your latency/lag constistency .. one targets people that know nothing of technology and the other one gamers that fall for every PR BS.
TBH pick your poison mate :-D both sides think their customers are plain stupid.

Well it's unlikely that anybody has "shared" cable lines going to their house so anytime you move from cable lines to phone lines or even (*cringe*) satellite, then yes you will likely have both latency issues and overall line quality issues.

When will people realize that having a 150mb connection means nothing if your latency and jitter are high. A 40mb connection can be just fine for gaming if your latency and jitter are low. Meaning the 40mb connection will play games much better.
Some people even realize that it's your own equipment that's the issue after switching services. Older equipment that may be fine is simply just outdated and has to be replaced, especially if you want those higher or stable speeds.
There's also plenty of speed tests to confirm your speeds. Including latency and jitter.

*You can't always fix jitter, over the years its just become something people look to see where issues might be coming from.

haha right?!

And companies like a Highspeedinternet prey on people that think strait line to server will drasticaly improve your latency/lag constistency .. one targets people that know nothing of technology and the other one gamers that fall for every PR BS.
TBH pick your poison mate :-D both sides think their customers are plain stupid.

A connection with minimal hops (more of a "straight line") will improve latency / lag. How much depends on the number of hops you had before. I can understand if it is a big factor for gamers. When you are playing hitscan in a FPS and the opponent has superior ping, you will loose every encounter where you have equal to or greater then reaction time. For certain games where the first reaction is all that matters, it can kill the experience.

haha right?!

A connection with minimal hops (more of a "straight line") will improve latency / lag. How much depends on the number of hops you had before. I can understand if it is a big factor for gamers. When you are playing hitscan in a FPS and the opponent has superior ping, you will loose every encounter where you have equal to or greater then reaction time. For certain games where the first reaction is all that matters, it can kill the experience.
Sure it can ... in theory. But when you read real reviews and testing on these services, they much more often do harm than make your connection better. That is my point - sure it sounds good, but it does not work, not now.

This is also true when a games sever is crap. Nothing no one can do but wait for the game to fix the servers.
There are also times when the only solution is to switch providers IF you have another option in your area.

Back