Compaq Armada M700 failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillfolk

I am looking at a Compaq Armada M700 that fails to recieve power/turn on.
The power cable works fine, and the battery/converter (?) between the wall outlet and power inlet on the laptop shows a power status light indicating it has recieved power.

The laptop has 5 status lights on the top bar, as well as a power indicator and power on indicator on the exterior.

When plugged into the wall, the laptop has absolutely no activity. No light blink, no fans spin even momentarily.

My question is:
What is wrong with the laptop? Which part(s) have possibly failed?
I assume it is a hardware issue and not software, as even a BIOS corruption would display a light (am i right?).

I was hoping someone here could help deduct with me?
Any questions can be answered to the best of my knowledge.

The following is a history of actions taken with the laptop:

It had been working pretty well but lately the CPU fan wasn’t working. I looked on line, ordered a new one and with the instructions from http://www.mk-stuff.de/artikel/how_to_disassemble_a_compaq_armada_m700/#rtcpuc was able to dissemble the unit. When I got to the CPU fan (had to take the entire motherboard out for this) I found that the fan I had received wasn’t going to work since the CPU fan I have is permanently attached to the CPU heat sink. Well with the fan out I hooked it to a battery and it worked. I re-assembled the laptop and now it doesn’t work.

Any Reply Would be wonderful, any ideas?
any idea how the power supply works in a laptop? external?
Thanks in advance
CraiG

I think you will need to look into HOW you re-assembled that laptop. You either broke something, caused a short, left out an important screw or forgot to plug a cable or connector back in.
Specifically check the connection between power-connector and motherboard. Carefully 'wiggle' the inserted powercable plug at the laptop end to see if you get a contact.

thanks

thanks man.
thats what i figured i just didnt want to disassemble again if it wasnt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back