Compatible psu for HP 541c Pavilion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to be part of this community. I have found a lot if interesting info that has helped me as a self-taught computer guy.
I live in West Virginia and I am 50 years young.
.....The questionis this...... I have a HP 541c Pavillion with AMD Athalon 2000+ 1.67 ghz. I put it in a New Case that is bigger. I am Modding it a little with UV lazers and Cathode tubes and even an extra DVD burner and HD.
The Power supply is ONLY 200 WATTS. I am running out of connections.
Can I change to a Bigger PSU or am I limited to this as being Proprietory to the MOBO?

Please let me know soon....I am going nuts.
And i love this place . It is full of more info than i will ever use. Great Idea.
Cosmo

Hello cosmotek and welcome to Techspot.

As far as I`m aware, HP use Proprietary mobo`s and psu`s. Check with the HP website, just to be sure.

You might be better off getting a new atx mobo and generic atx psu. You`ll then be able to upgrade to your hearts content.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Welcome to techspot cosmotek...

It would be better if you posted this question in a different section, as there is limited activity in this section. You may want to start a new thread.

But i will answer this as best i can.

Without a good picture of the connectors themselves, its hard to tell if it can be upgraded using standard parts. But if you look at the p1 connector (the big one that goes directly into the mobo) it should have 20 pins (at least on your older PC) That could be a indicating factor.

I know HP does not use Proprietary parts in their recent PCs.
I also have an older HP (566 Mhz cele) that does not use a Proprietary PSU.

Consider this as well-if your just using low powered things (such as lights, fans, etc) you can buy splitters that will give you additonal molex connectors. Although, 200w is still on the low end.

Sean

It`s ok Sean, I`m going to move this thread to the other hardware forum.

I`ve also given the thread a proper title.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back