HP Pavilion DV7-1245DX display

I am working on an HP Pavilion DV7-1245DX. I have pretty much repaired the laptop and it will boot up. The issue I am having is that I can only get an external monitor to work for the graphics. I have attempted the Fn+F4 combination as well as the windows key+'P' and neither will toggle the display to the laptop display. Also, I have replaced the display on the laptop with the same results. I checked the event viewer and receive this info:

Source: AMDKDAG
Event ID: 43038
Task catagory: DAL

I have searched the Microsoft website and other websites for any information and have not been able to find anything.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

The GPU is clearly working since the external monitor works fine. I will check out the link that you have sent. Unless I don't know weather the graphics board is external to the GPU and only feeds the laptop display.

I remember mucking up the connection to the display on a DV4 - ribbon cable and finicky little white plastic connector. I had not placed the contact points properly (strong light and magnification helped) before I clamped it. Other than the display and the graphics card there isn't much else in the video subsystem.

Back