Completed 8th Step

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completed the completed the previous seven steps, and now I am on the eighth...

First off the symptoms I had before completing the 8 steps were pop-ups from Sagispul (I believe that was it). Also I have McAfee and the balloon in the system tray said that my automatic update was off, but when i went to fix it manually it wouldn't change back on. Also sometimes when I logged on neither my task bar or my desktop icons would appear and I would just see my background. To fix that I had to use Windows Task Manager to log off and then log back on.

Logs Follow

Thanks For the Help

don't expect auto updates (or anything else for that matter) to work while your infected. I'd dump McAfee it's just hogging valuable hard drive space. Your HJT log isn't bad are you still having problems b/c it look like malware byte got everything?

Your HJT log isn't bad are you still having problems b/c it look like malware byte got everything?
His HJT log is bad, here's one quick Malware entry I found:
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: nbmzqj.dll

Also MalwareBytes, needs to be run multiple times, as I stated above, to remove even the hidden Malwares that are uncovered.

Please be precise with your support, in the Virus\Malware area, it is critical

For starters I haven't had any more pop-ups and the McAfee balloon is gone, but that's only for the hour I've been on since running the 8 steps. As for McAfee, my subscription expires before the end of the month so until then I'll keep it. As for when I'm done with McAfee, and installed Avira what should I do with the other downloaded services (HJT, SAS, and Malewarebytes).

Thanks

Uninstall them
But keep Malwarebytes - I usually run a quick scan weekly (it takes 5 or 10 mins at most)

I should make you aware that I have not viewed or commented in full about your HJT log, due to all of the above recommendations. Therefore you may want to come back when Avira is installed and scanned later on - your choice.

You may want to clear the old System Restore Points too:
Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

Other than that, thanks for the update :grinthumb

I did Malwarebytes' complete scan today and came up clean after 4 hours...yay. I also cleared the old System Restore Points. Hopefully no more viruses for me.

Thanks for Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back