Computer crashes almost daily

I'm kind of stressed because this computer is making me mad. It first started crashing sporadically a couple months ago. It would do it maybe once a week and that was annoying enough, but lately it's been nearly daily and I'm getting frustrated. It's a fairly decent computer and it shouldn't be doing this. Please help.

What is this computer? Laptop, desktop? What kind of crashing, BSOD's, black screens or freezing?

It's a desktop, HP Pavilion Elite.

I'm not sure what type of crash it's doing but this is what it does:
I'll just be doing something with my headset on (it's not the headset it's just how I hear the sound), usually nothing that requires a lot of CPU usage - like maybe just playing a game and listening to music, Skype sometimes - and I will see my computer screen freeze and I will hear a loud sound through my headset (I can't describe it). By this point I already know what it's going to do and sure enough, the screen just goes black (with no error code or anything) and the system reboots windows and everything is running fine again.

Is Windows fully updated, running Windows Update manually till no more updates are found? What version of Windows is installed? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

Back