Computer Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orite.

Lately all of a sudden ive been having problems with my pc. It only does it now and then when just on the net or msn for example but if i start playing a game, 5-10mins into the game it crashes and goes to blue screen. In the technical Information it saying somthing like "win32k.sys"

I have uninstalled the programs which i installed just before this started doing this problem and no luck. I have done spyware scans, virus scans, registry scans and again still no luck. I have also reinstalled windows xp again and its still crashing and going to blue screen.

I have just tried playing call of duty world at war and it crashed on me again and went to blue screen and still saying the same "win32k.sys". I have just turned my pc off and booted it back up again just before i write this post and now for some reason my screen resolution has changed and has got huge. And it seems like my ATI Catalyst Control Center version 9.1 isnt running in my new tallbar but its still installed.

My Specs Are (copied from xfire)

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 2816MB RAM

Hard Drive: 1st - 250GB 2nd - 80GB

Video Card: Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB

Monitor: HP W19EV 19" HP WIDESCREEN LCD MONITOR

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional Soundcard

Speakers/Headphones: Tsunmi 5.1 Surround Sound

Keyboard: Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard

Mouse: Microsoft HABU 2000dpi High Precision Gaming Mouse

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers,

Matty

How much watt is your PSU? And make sure you video card is fully in. I'm not exactly sure what it said on the my blue screen but I used to have to same problem but with different game. When I play the game for few minutes, the blue screen will come up and restart. For some unknown reason, I unplugged one of my case fans and since then, the blue stopped. I guess my issue was either not enough power or maybe the fan was causing something internal. I'm not sure but gave it a try.

Will run memtest over night and im 100% sure all device drivers are up too date as i like to keep on top to make sure everything is running the lastest versions e.t.c.

How much watt is your PSU? And make sure you video card is fully in. I'm not exactly sure what it said on the my blue screen but I used to have to same problem but with different game. When I play the game for few minutes, the blue screen will come up and restart. For some unknown reason, I unplugged one of my case fans and since then, the blue stopped. I guess my issue was either not enough power or maybe the fan was causing something internal. I'm not sure but gave it a try.

I have a Xblade gaming case and its running 4 case fans so will unplug and try it out in the morning.

Any other opinoins would be handy.

Cheers,

Matty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back