Computer has Slowed down...possible virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_eric

Hi,

Two days ago my computer running windows XP starting showing signs of sluggish performance/lag starting in the start up window. When I use to sign in it would load right away, now it takes a couple of seconds showing the "windows is loading" page then signs me in, after i am signed in it takes longer then it normally does to load up the computer and it seems to freeze for a couple of seconds before figuring out what it wants to do.

I've used both Ad-Aware SE Professional to check for spyware + AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, Ad-Aware just found the usual little trackers and i erased them, but AVG found "LOGGER.ALEXA.A." And i deleted this file along with other tracking cookies. I will attach my HJT and AVG Logs so you can take a look at them, I don't think it's anything to serious, just a funny little system bug but i would like to get rid of it =)

Your HJT log is clean.

However, it does seem that you`re running an awful lot of stuff.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything your don`t want or use.

Then, click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key. When the window appears, click the startup tab and untick anything you don`t want to start with Windows. Click apply/ok and restart your computer, then tick the box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your system and click ok.

I also suggest you go and take a look at this thread HERE.

Let me know if any of the above helps.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back