Computer keeps crashing (minidumps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer just keeps crashing, it either just freezes or gives a blue screen error. This happens several times a day. Actually earlier today I tried posting this thread, but my computer crashed!

Background info: I upgraded my bios and apparently the motherboard broke down. I sent the computer to be repaired and they put in a new motherboard. Some time after this my computer starts crashing. I tested my RAM (turned out ok), tried different drivers, disconnected accessory devices...

The computer gets very hot after "heavy" work, but sometimes it crashes when it's perfectly cool. BIOS tells that the CPU's temperature, after heavy work and crashing, is about 60-70 Celsius degrees (140-158 Fahrenheit), normally 50-55 Celsius degrees (122-131 Fahrenheit).

Computer details:
Focus motherboard (model?)
Athlon XP 2600+
Radeon 9200
1024 MB RAM

I'd really appreciate any help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Overheating could be the culprit here.

Open your case and aim a deskfan blowing into your case. If the crashes then become less frequent, then overheating is probably the culprit.

You should also go HERE and follow the instructions, to rule out other possible causes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Long time, no post, obviously.

I'm still having this problem! The fan didn't help.

Any kind soul care to take a look at the minidumps? :)

It just came to my mind that I had this heat problem long before these BSODs. I think we can also rule out bad RAM because I swapped memory sticks with my friend and it wasn't of any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back