Computer Keeps resetting and I'm totally lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys im new to the forums although I've been a visitor for ages now.
Anyway ,

Every time i play a game such as Call of Duty 4 (multilayer) my PC sometimes will get some Fps drop occasionally and / or just do a Warm Boot Restart. Now Ive put in new power supplies its a new gfx card ive tested a lot of the hardware and no matter what i do it wont work for me.

These Random restarts are starting to get very aggravating and i was hoping that someone on this forum could be kind enough to hopefully shed some light on my problem. Now My suspicion is that my pc could be overheating, however i have a temperature gauge and its all in 30's-40's idle and 50's under load. Despite this its the kind of re boot that would occur because of overheating.

Anyway I no some of you guys have experience with this sorta thing so i will upload my miniDumps from after the Restarts and will also post my system specs below.

Really appriciate any help .
Regards
Reggie,

System Spec :
Asus Crossair AM2 Motherboard
2GB dual channel DDR2 800 OCZ memory
512MB HD4870 (Palit) Sonic Edition
3 160GB'S hard drives.
Zalman CPU cooler
AMD X2 6000+ @ 3.1 GHz processor.
Creative XFi Fatality ed.
700 watt Jeantech PSU .

Please run Memtest on your Ram
And confirm all your Device Drivers are up to date

Sometimes this is as easy as removing any high intense program (such as Norton Antivirus or AVG or other Internet security software, ie Zone Alarm)

Try installing Avira free AntiVirus instead

Thanks man ,

I went tru a few of these and got some updates for my mobo / sound card ,, so just installing them now and ill let u no how it goes

thanks again 4 ur input m8 :)

also unsure of how to make the memTest cd so just gonna try the drivers first :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back